Teach Me Tonight Pt. 3

And they drove off to get ice cream in the cold night. As they planed, Jess driver and Joey shotgun. The girl got chocolate and pistachio and the boy chocolate and strawberry, and he offered to pay. They were driving around, licking the ice cream as they spoke.

"Admit it, it's always better in a cone."

"It's always better in a cone!" She repeated the boy.

"Put an ice cream in a dish? Eating with a spoon?"

"What is wrong with people?"

"Hold the wheel." He randomly said, as ice cream leaked through the bottom of his cone and he tilted his head back so that it didn't spilled.

"What?" She turned frowning to the boy.

"I'm dripping here. You want your sister to find out? Hold the wheel." He excused.

"I can't hold the wheel. You're driving. The person who's drivin' has to hold the wheel." A brief image crossed her mind as she thought it would look really sexy, something out of a movie, specially adding the adrenaline in, but she restricted herself from doing as he told as a sudden feeling of anxiousness and nervousness overwhelmed her for a second. If she hold the wheel while in that state of mind specially when he was the one on the driver's seat they would most probably crush. She carried on talking to ease her mind back to normal. "That's probably the first thing they teach you at driver's ed." She giggled out, the thoughts quickly fading away same as they came.

"Huh. I gotta take that class one of these days. Take the wheel!" The boy didn't noticed and repeated loudly again.

"Jess!" Joey protested.

"I'm letting go!" As soon as he said that he pulled out his left hand from the wheel.

"Stop!" She quickly hold it in place. "Take it back." She suddenly felt a rush of adrenaline that she couldn't deny to herself she liked. Thoughts again in her mind and she couldn't figure out what was going on up there before shaking them off. "Okay, you are taking this wheel back. And when you do, I'm gonna kill you. I'm just letting you know that."

"I appreciate the warning." Calmer he couldn't be despite the situation.

"Jess!" She shouted.

"Okay! I got it!" He took it back making the girl sigh in relief while he giggled. "Jeez, you look pale. You okay?" He talked smiling and still chewing on his cone.
She hid her upcoming blush without even realizing.

"Death. And it's goin' to be very painful." The girl was trying to be serious but it was getting really hard not to smile.

"You're not gonna kill me." Jess turned to her and then back to the road. "Think how dull your life would be without me." He didn't sound cocky just trying to make the girl smile as he once again turned to her and rose his eyebrows before facing the road again. She stared at his profile, inspecting him, thinking.

"Serious question." After a few seconds like that she spoke.

"Okay." He let her continue, intrigued.

"You're smarter than most everybody at your school. It takes you like five minutes to finish a book. You read everything, you remember everything. You could ace those classes easily. Why don't you?" He clenched his jaw. "You don't need a tutor. It's crazy that they're talking about leaving you back."

"Whatever." Was his simple response slightly becoming annoyed at the subject.

"You could do anything you wanted. You could be anything you wanted." Her bright eyes shined in hope facing the boy, back against the door, her legs crossed above the seat.