Teach Me Tonight Pt.1

Stars Hollow High School principal had have his chat with Luke about Jess' doings at school, or more exactly, Jess' not doings at school. As he recommended to get him a tutor the first thing he though about were the twins, but downed his options to just Joey, giving that Rory had her own studies to worry about, and he remembered Joey doing a type of conference in some university she would be better at explaining. Besides he thought it would be best if it was her especially since she had more treat with the guy than anyone he knew. So that was what he's doing was at the Gilmore's.

"Hey, is Joey here by any change?" He asked taking Lorelai by surprise.

"Yeah, she's on Rory's room." She pointed with her thumb behind her.

"Can I talk to her for a sec?"

"Sure, go right ahead."

"Yeah, thanks." He went over the door and knocked. "Joey, Rory, it's Luke. Can I come in for a minute?" The door opened to show Rory.

"Hey, what's up?" She smiled.

"Not much. Can I..." He trailed of pointing to the room.

"Um, yeah. Come on in." He stepped inside and Rory faced her mother whit a questioning look.

"Hey, Luke. What's up?" Asked Joey who was siting on a puff next to Rory's desk reading an herbology book. She had heard him answering to her sister but asked as a sort of greeting.

"Not much." He gave the same response. Rory came and sat on the desk's chair. "You studying?" He pointed at the books on the desk.

"Yep."

"You too?" He turned to Joey.

"I... guess so." She shrugged.

"That's good. Studying's very, very good." He awkwardly said pacing in place. "What you doing right there with the books-- very good."

"Thank you." Both said in unison before turning to each other with a confused look on their faces. Luke sighed.

"Okay... Look, I wanted to ask you a favor." He sat down at a red chest at the end of Rory's bed but quickly stood again, pulling a doll from where he had just sat, then he went on and sat again. You could clearly tell that he wasn't very comfortable asking a favor, especially this one. "I was wondering if you could tutor Jess." He said looking at Joey.

"What?" Asked this one.

"He's not doing well at school. The principal says he's not gonna let him move on unless something changes. I was wondering if you could help."

"That doesn't make any sense. He's smart enough to pass any subject." Frowning she commented, Rory nodding in agreement.

"I don't think is his lack of smarts. More like lack of proximity to the actual classes. That's the problem"

"Ah."

"Yes. And I would of ask you, Rory, but I thought you would be caught up in your own studies." The older twin smiling nodded as a "thank you."

"Okay, uh, what subject does he needs help in?" Joey softly asked.

"I'd say all of them probably." Luke answered hopeful.

"Huh." She frowned.

"Look. I don't expect you to work miracles, and it doesn't have to be a full-time, everyday thing. I'd even let you off work, so you have some more free time to spare. If you could just get him through a couple of his next tests, maybe make the school see that he can do it, that would probably help out a lot." He tried to convince her without being pushy.

"Sure." She said after a couple seconds of pondering.

"Great. Tonight?" Yo could see the smile in him.

"Tonight." She smiled.

"I really appreciate this." He was truly happy. "Um, okay... I'll let you two to it then." He walked out the door and Rory raised an eyebrow to her sister who just blushed and berried her face in the book again.

"Okay, so, I'll see you guys at dinner, probably." He said to Lorelai exiting the room before starting to move towards the front door.

"Wait. Hold on." She stopped him. "What was all that about?"

"Oh, Joey's gonna tutor Jess." He said as if it was not big deal, which it wasn't.

"She is?" Asked astonished, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. Just for a little while. Help get him on the right track."

"Wow."

"Okay. I should be getting back. Enjoy the brownies. I'll see if I can screw up a cake for you later on."

"Sounds great." She frowned and after a few seconds decided to follow after him. "Hey, Luke, hang on just a sec." She called after him going through the door.

"Yeah." He turned around.

"Um, listen..." She went down the porch steps. "About Joey doing this tutoring thing..."

"I really appreciate it, by the way." He thanked once again.

"I know you do. I just-- Joey's so sweet and she'd never say no to anyone cause she loves to help, but I'm not sure if it's the best idea."

"Why not?" He frowned.

"Well, she has her own stuff to do." 

"I know, and I promise this isn't gonna take up all her time. I mean, it's just for a little while."

"Okay, but-" She was cut off again.

"Plus, Joey's pretty serious about her, you know, stuff. I don't think she would've say yes if she didn't have the time or didn't wanna get involved with studying."

"I know, Joey's a great person and really smart, but she's just a kid. Don't you need like a professional tutor to help with Jess? You know, somebody with a teacher degree and a pipe, and one of those coats with the elbow patches on it?"

"I need someone Jess is gonna listen too. Someone he's gonna- I don't know- look up too. That sure isn't me, and it sure isn't some tutor. He likes Joey, and Joey's been on the path that I'd like to see Jess on-- School and college. And I know it's different, but he needs to see somebody who respects doing what he should be doing, and Joey's the only person I can think of who fits that description." He rambled on.

"Yeah, but you don't know for sure if he'll listen to Joey." She kept searching for more excuses, she really didn't want her daughter involved with that boy.

"No, but I gotta do something, don't I? I mean, what would you do if you were me?"

"Uh..." She thought for a minute. "Okay, but just make sure it's not to much time, okay?" She gave.

"I will."

"Okay." Smiling she nodded.

"Enjoy the brownie."

Hey,

sorry for not updating in so long

but here's another chapter.

This one's gonna have a few parts so there's much more

and I will be releasing them with more frequency.

Hope you enjoyed and keep enjoying.

Later, loves.