Pt. 14

"Oh, thanks Lord you're here." Joey exclaimed in relief seeing her mother and sister enter the diner which was busted of people. She had just come in about half an hour ago helping Luke with the situation. "Here, take this." She handed two plates to Rory and went into the kitchen to grab two more. Lorelai went over to help out Luke who was carrying two plates and talking on the phone while customers were ranting at him to hurry up.

"What is going on in here?" Rory asked her sister while they served some tables.

"It was like this when I arrived." She fixed up her apron and let out a breath after finishing serving. She looked around and seeing that her sister was here she wondered why wasn't Jess here too helping out. "Wait a second." She told her sister which nodded in response with a frown.

"Hey, Luke, where's your nephew?" She approached behind the counter.

"I don't know." He quickly answer not paying that much attention giving that he was really stressed out.

"School?" She new that the answer was probably no, but she needed more information form Luke.

"Please. Probably upstairs." He nodded, and she frowned in anger at the fact that the boy has been up there all this time and not helping.

"Really? Excuse me." She went up the stairs in search of the guy. As soon as she approached the door she could hear laughter coming form a TV, she didn't hesitate a second to loudly knock on the door. "Open up, Jess, I know you're in there!" She sounded as the killer in a horror movie, totally intended just to have a little fun with herself. Suddenly the door opened to reveal the boy.

"My, aren't we bright-eyed and bushy-tailed." He looked at her holding the door with his left hand, which actually didn't need holding, but he did it anyways.

"Luke needs you down stairs." She pointed.

"Why?"

"Because, he's on the phone whit someone, and Caesar is off today, and the place is packed, and he needs help." She sounded slightly angry while he went into the apartment and stood watching the TV.

"I'll be down in a minute."

"No. Now." She annoyed went in.

"I'm in the middle of something." He referred to the show.

"Just assume that Jeannie's gonna get major Healy out of whatever scrape he's in." She guided the boy outside and down the stair. 

"Gee, thanks for spoiling me."

Jess abruptly emerged through the plastics covering the entrance to the staircase almost falling over.

"Oh, you're very graceful." Lorelai commented.

"She pushed me." He pointed as Joey came after him.

"Sue me." She sarcastically said.

"I could've broken my neck." He exaggerated.

"As long as is not your arm. We need your arm." Rory said. Joey held up a jug for him. He took it sighing and she pushed him along the counter ushering him to move faster. 

"Despot." He ranted, the two other Gilmores watching the interaction. She left the boy to serve while she took some orders, looking up to find him staring.

Some more day went on and since things were calmer, she and her sister chatted around not really realizing the time that has passed by.

"He's out." Rory informed her sister as she came down the staircase.

"That little punk." She groaned going out the diner in search for the boy and quickly spotted him in the park. "Jess!" She called out, the boy looked up from his book. "I told you Lu-"