Teach Me Tonight Pt. 5

She quickly pulled over at her house and as soon as Rory stepped out of the Jeep she backed up and took off again, leaving the girl with a frown. She went inside quickly and settled in front of the TV, covering herself with a blanket after changing into her pajamas and grabbing some ice cream from the freezer.
Lorelai pulled over and hurriedly walked to Luke's knocking on the door. 

"Luke! Luke!" She spotted him inside leaning against the counter on the client's side. He looked worried but Lorelai didn't acknowledge this as he opened the door.

"Hey, I was-" He was cut of, he was about to call her right before she came.

"Where is he?" She loudly asked demanding.

"Who?"

"Jess, where's Jess, Luke?" Rushing inside, looking around she demanded.

"I don't know, I just got back." He closed the door and started following after her as she started going up the stairs to the apartment. "What's going on? I got here, and they weren't here."

"Jess!" She shouted up, ignoring him.

"Hey, talk to me!" Luke followed after Lorelai up the stairs.

"Jess, answer me right now."

"What's wrong? What happened?" Luke was becoming more worried as Lorelai rushed into the apartment.

"There was an accident."

"What accident?"

"Jess!" She was clearly angry, she knew that Jess was the one behind the wheel and she was furious that Joey was taking the blame and he didn't even bother to show his face.

"What accident?" He repeated.

"Jess was driving Rory's car and he crashed it." Although that was the truth it was poor in explanation making it take no sense.

"What?! When?"

"What do you mean when? Tonight! He crashed it tonight!" After desperately looking around while they where having this discussion she exited the apartment and headed down again, Luke following behind with a frown on his face not understanding what was going on. "Jess! Damn it!"

"What happened?! Is anyone hurt?!" He was now screaming after her. "Lorelai!" They busted through the plastics covering the entrance of the staircase, they still haven;t finished fixing the place. "Hey. I'm talking to you here."

"Where would he be? Where would he go?"

"I asked you if anyone was hurt." He demanded.

"Uh, was anyone hurt? Well, lets see-- Uh. Joey's in the emergency room with a fractured wrist. So yeah, someone was hurt." She furiously turned to him.

"Joey fractured her wrist?" Unbelievably he asked.

"Yes. She has to wear a cast for two weeks. She's getting x-rays and tests."

"What about Jess? Is he hurt?" He quickly asked, concern running through him.

"No, Luke. Jess did the hurting." She blamed. "That little punk nephew of yours almost killed my kid tonight." She exaggerated. The concern has drowned out in her now knowing that her daughter was okay but the anger towards the boy grew with each second.

"Look, I'm sure it was an accident. Accident's happen." He tried to calm her, even though he needed the calm too.

"Not with my kid in the car, they don't." She turned to leave until he spoke.

"You just need to calm down."

"What did you do this?!" Lorelai snapped, tears of anger starting to form in her infuriated eyes.