Chapter 24

J A D E

I open up my eyes hearing my dad and mom voices downstairs. I got out of bed and went to the staircase seeing them talking loudly.

"You didn't have to fight him, you could of at least killed him"my mom said.

"I want to wait"my dad walked away from her to the living room. I heard footsteps behind me so I turn around seeing uncle Lamont.

"What you doing up?"he ask me.

"I just wanted to get something to drink"I said.

"I'll bring it up to you. Just go back to sleep"Uncle Lamont said with a smile. I sigh heavily and went back to my room. I close my room door and laid in bed. I didn't feel like going downstairs so I can know what my father did to Dave's dad. I know he killed him.

Finally, Uncle Lamont came back with a cup of water. I wanted lemonade, not water. "Thanks"I fake smiled.

"Now go back sleep please"he said. 

"Uncle Lamont, what my mom and dad did to Dave's parents?"I ask.

"That's non of your concerns"he said. "Just know that the humans won't come back to mess with you"

"They killed them, didn't they?"I look up at him.

"Dave's parents are still alive"uncle lamont said.

"Oh"I said bluntly. "He deserve to die"I rolled my eyes.

"He's just a kid who wanted to prove to his father, that's all"uncle Lamont said. "Get some sleep, your mom teaching you tomorrow"

"Wait, I'm really getting homeschool?"I ask surprised.

Uncle Lamont looked at the door then back at me. "Yes"he nodded his head. "Get some sleep"he walked out the room closing my door. I was left in darkness scared that the hunters might come back for me.

But what I really want to do is confront McKenzie so I can teach her a lesson myself.