5

Jessica couldn't stop looking through the big monitor that showed the course of the doughnut-shaped ship. In the background, Tony and Strange were discussing their options, but she wasn't listening to them. For one moment, Jessica stopped feeling chaos inside her mind and regarded how they were peacefully cruising through space. Stars were slowly passing by as more came into their frame. She thought about how amazing that was, that she could watch that exact landscape for the rest of eternity, for infinite hours. 

Suddenly, the picture was disturbed. The vehicle turned on the spur of the moment, approaching a planet. 

Tony walked next to the girl, perplexed by the unexpected movement. "Hey, what's going on?"

"I think we're in Titan." She said, remembering what Thanos' follower had said. The ship was programmed to meet the titan on that planet.

Stark put his arm in front of the young girl to make her back up. "Step back, Jessica. I don't think this rig has a self-park function. Pete, get your hand inside the steering gimbal. Close those around it. Do you understand?"

Peter did as he was told. "Yep, got it."

"This was meant for one big guy, so we gotta move at the same time."

"Okay, okay. Ready."

Jessica watched how they got closer and closer to the surface of the planet in horror. "We might wanna turn."

Peter backed her idea up and attempted to curve the ship's direction with all his strength. "Turn! Turn! Turn!"

The spaceship collapsed against the planet but thankfully Dr Strange cast a protection spell that prevented any of them to get hurt. Jessica did fall due to the unsteady landing.

Dr Strange offered his hand to help her get up. "You all right?"

"That was close." Tony said, placing his hand over the wizard's shoulder, appreciative. "I owe you one."

"Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry."

"I do not want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip. You understand?" The billionaire looked directly at Jessica. "Jessica, do something about it."

The girl frowned at him. What was she suppose to do or say against that?

"I'm trying to say that something is coming."

Suddenly a loud sound was heard, making all the present members of the Avengers turn their heads in the same direction. A group of individuals had just gotten into the ship by creating a hole with some kind of explosives. The one who seemed to be their leader was wearing a mask and had boots with propulsors that allowed him to fly, almost in the same way that Jessica. He was also carrying a gun, but it wasn't anything like the guns they had back on Earth. He stepped up and yelled the name of the one he was looking for.

"Thanos!"

Jessica didn't know if they were on the titan's side or against it but when his two other companions proceeded to attack the heroes, she immediately prepared herself for combat.

The biggest creature out of the group of intruders was instantly engaged in a fight with Strange's cape. Jessica decided to ignore that scene, still a bit confused, and decided to attack the leader. She ran towards him and dodged his blaster shots. Once she was almost face to face to him, he lifted up, trying to avoid Jessica's grip. The girl decided to used her powers to pin him down on the ground. The guy groaned in pain before swiftly recomposing. He began shooting at her once more as she created a shield out of nanoparticles to protect herself from the blasts. Unfortunately, one of the shots hit Jessica right in her wrist. Thankfully, the suit protected her from being severely injured.