6

The heroes left the spaceship to find themselves in a planet that seemed abandoned. Once Jessica placed her foot in the unknown territory, she felt like her body was ten times lighter. She jumped, slightly, and she was able to go much higher than she had expected.

"The hell happened to this planet?" The human member of the intruders pulled out a device and looked at it alarmed. "It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place."

"Well, that explains this." Jessica said as she kept on jumping up and down from the lack of gravity.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it." Tony said and looked at Jessica, urging her to stop. He grabbed her by the arm when she was going down to prevent her from going back up. He then realized her broken bracelet. "What's wrong with your suit?"

"The guy from Missouri shot me in the bracelet. The housing unit is ruined, I can't generate any weapons or shields." She told him.

Inspecting the device, Tony thought the same as Jessica had before. They wouldn't be able to repair it without the proper equipment. "Looks like you'll have to fight like I've trained you." 

Jessica looked at the billionaire incredulous. "Have you forgotten I have superpowers? We're facing the strongest dude in the universe and you still want me to refrain from them?"

"You can't rely on them forever." He said in a firm tone. "I want you to use them wisely." He saw the concern in the girl's eyes. He knew it was a great pressure for her. "Hey, you okay?"

Jessica just nodded. She was afraid and had little hope about their chances in defeating the titan. She would had preferred to stay back on Earth, helping with whatever she could from their home planet. But now she had to accept the fact that what she wanted didn't matter. Even though she was scared of failing, she needed to accept that she needed to overcome her fear.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Peter's questioning. "Are you sure you're alright?" He had overheard her conversation with Stark.

Jessica sighed and rubbed her face with her hands. "Yeah, Pete."

"I know you are not..."

His consistency finally triggered her to snap at him. "I still don't understand why you had to put us in this situation. We should have gone home, this is way too big for us. Aren't you scared?"

"That's exactly why I didn't want to go home." The boy replied, raising his voice. "Of course I am scared but I'm tired of backing up when something is bigger than me. I am a superhero, I can stand up to the big guy."

"Peter! You don't have to show that you're a superhero, you're already an amazing person." She honestly responded. She knew Peter wasn't the most confident person. "I don't like Spider-Man, who constantly puts himself and others in danger. I-"

She had to stop there because she was going to follow the sentence with love you almost instinctly. She blushed, as she thought in a way to rephrase her words. This wasn't exactly the moment or place to say that. "I like you. You, Peter. The nerdy, gold-hearted and smart Peter. You don't need to try and be Spider-Man all the time."

"Not Spider-Man." Peter repeated, trying to get a confirmation that that was what he had heard.

"Nope."

Still reluctant, he pointed at himself, like he couldn't believe she was talking about him. "Me?"

A chuckle scaped from Jessica. She couldn't stay mad at him for that long, especially after that revealing conversation. "You."