11

F  I  V  E     Y  E  A  R  S     L  A  T  E  R

"Jess.."

Jessica kept hearing someone calling her. She slowly opened her eyes as she woke up, but then closed them again to keep on resting.

"Jess." The voice kept on calling her. "Wake up!"

"Ugh..." She rolled over in her bed, away from the voice, until she was laying downsides. But then, unexpectedly, she felt a sudden weight on her back, two little hands trying to shake her and wake her up.

"You said you'd play with me." Little Morgan said, reminding her the promise she had made the night before. "Wake up."

"I'm not Jess." Jessica said in a deep voice, making the little girl giggle. "I'm a monster. And I get angry when someone wakes me up. Aarg!" She turned around to face the girl and hugged her tightly as if she was capturing her.

"Do you wanna play? I found a treasure." Morgan asked again and this time Jessica knew that she could not refuse.

"A treasure?" She said in an exaggerated surprised tone.

The little girl nodded. "Yep."

"Wow."

Morgan dragged Jessica outside after having breakfast and took her to the tent where she'd always play. Mornings were starting to get colder, but the child didn't seem to care. She would still play outside.

The toddler finally showed Jessica her treasure. What seemed to be an Iron Man helmet, except this one was blue and gold instead of red.

"Where did you find this, Morgoona?" She asked her. "I think this is daddy's."

The five-year-old was shy to answer, but she still smiled. "In the garage."

"Well..." Morgan looked down, expecting Jessica to tell her what she did was wrong. She stared at the older girl in disbelief when she heard her actual response. "Aren't you gonna wear it?"

The little girl put it on, excited. Jess took the little recreation of Iron Man's glove that the girl always wore and put it on her hand. Morgan turned on the light on the glove and pointed it at Jess, recreating a shooting noise. Jessica acted like she was falling backward and wounded. Morgan's laughter filled the tent until they heard a voice coming from the outside.

"Morgoona?"

"Oh, oh..." The little girl said as she recognized her father's voice. Jessica placed her index finger over her lips, telling the toddler to remain silent.

"Morgan H. Stark, you want some lunch?" As soon as he said that, the little girl revealed herself wearing the helmet she had found.

"Define lunch or be deintegrated."

"Wait- You should not be wearing that, okay?" Tony exclaimed and looked for Jessica inside the tent. "You're supposed to keep an eye on your sister. Why do you let her go into the garage?"

"She's too powerful to stop." She said as she stepped out of the small tent.

"That is part of a special anniversary gift to make up for mom."

"We're sorry, daddy. Right?" Jessica said for both of them, looking at Morgan to get her to apologize. She only called Tony 'dad' when the little girl was present. It was way easier than trying to explain to her the actual relationship between Jessica and her parents.

The five-year-old nodded and Tony picked her up. "It's fine, actually, mom never wears anything I buy her." The three of them started to walk towards the house when a car drove in the driveway.