15

Jessica used her recently recovered powers to fly to the alley they had said they would meet after getting the stones. She didn't even need flight stabilizers this time. She could perfectly control it. As she was landing, she heard the three Avengers discussing.

Tony seemed concerned. "Where's Jessica?" He asked Steve.

"I thought she was with you." He replied, pointing at Scott and him.

Tony walked closer to him and pointed at him back. "I thought she was with you."

"I'm here." Jessica approached the ground but never fully landed. She kept on levitating, pretty much showing off her reclaimed powers.

Tony sighed and glared at her. "What the hell did you do?"

"I got my powers back." She simply replied and it looked like Tony was having a short-circuit. However, he focused on the bigger issue, that was, they had lost one stone.

"Well, what are we gonna do now?"

"You know what? Can we...?" Tony rubbed his temples, trying to calm down his headache. "I just got hit in the head by the Hulk."

Scott was getting more and more anxious. "You said that we had one shot. This was our shot. We shot it, it's shot. Six stones or nothing."

"You're repeating yourself, you know that."

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself." Scott mocked Tony. "You never wanted a time heist, you wanted to abort the time heist. You ruined the time heist."

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah!"

"No!" Jessica said at the same time, defending Tony. The heist had been an absolute failure but it wasn't only Stark's fault. She tried to keep everyone calmed and reason. "Are there any other options with the Tesseract?"

"No, no, no... There's no other option!" Lang exclaimed. "No do-overs, we're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left, each. That's it, alright? We use that? Bye-bye, we're not going home."

Steve stepped towards him. "Yeah, well if we don't try then no one else is going home either."

"We got it!" Tony talked directly to Cap. "There's another way to get back the tesseract and get new particles. Let's stroll down memory lane, military escalation, Garden State."

Jessica and Scott looked at each other, not knowing what the heck they were talking about. Steve frowned at Tony, appearently understanding. "When were they both there?"

"They were there..." Tony made an effort to remember. "Uh- I have a vague idea."

"How vague?"

"What are you talking about?" Jessica finally stepped in, unsuccessfully trying to get their attention.

"Where are we going?" Scott added but was ignored just as well as the girl.

"I know for fact they were there and I know how I know."

"Tony? What are you...?"

"We're improvising." Steve finally replied to their questions. He turned to Lang, handing him the scepter. "Scott, get this back to the compound."

"Jessica, you go with him." Tony told her too as he programmed his suit to go back in time again.

"What? Why?" She asked, still not knowing what was going on. "Where are you going?"

"Do as I tell you." He just replied.

"But you're not telling me what we're doing-"

Tony didn't let her finish the sentence. He grabbed her by her shoulders, making eye contact with her and ensuring she was listening to every word he said. "Look, I'm pretty positive this will work out. Still, there's a possibility it could not. I'm not gonna let you take that possibility, Jessica. Do you trust me?"