16

They looked at the last infinity stone being carefully placed on the finished nano gauntlet. Between Jessica, Bruce, Tony, and the talking raccoon, they had finally managed to create an object capable of wielding the stones' powers. Nonetheless, after the last of the gems found its place in the glove, the raccoon decided to exclaim, making everyone else present skip a beat. 

"Boom!" He laughed.

Jessica jumped, still not used to seeing the animal act like a human. "Shit!"

"This is it..."

"Did it have to be red?" Jessica asked, earning a look from both Tony and Bruce. She knew exactly that the nanoparticles' colours could be changed.

They took the glove out of the lab and brought it to the room where all the remaining Avengers were. "Alright, the glove is ready." The raccoon said, making everyone gather around. "The question is: who's gonna snap the freaking fingers."

"I'll do it." Thor volunteered. 

"Excuse me?"

The God of Thunder stepped towards the gauntlet, decided to put it on and do the job. They knew he needed to be stopped. "Wait-"

"Thor!" Exclaimed Lang. "We haven't decided who's gonna put that on."

"Oh, I'm sorry, were we just waiting around for the right opportunity?" He said, sarcastically.

"We should at least discuss it."

The god shook his head. "Sitting here, staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. Just let me do it."

Tony walked right in front of him. "It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you, you're in no condition."

"What do you think is running through my veins right now?" Asked Thor and Jessica couldn't help but answer.

"Mayo?"

"Lightning." He answered to his own question, unbothered by Jessica's comment.

"Lighting won't help you pal." Said Bruce, making his way to the glove. "It's gotta be me. You saw what the stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive."

"How do we know you will?"

"We don't," He answered, honestly. "but the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this."

Jessica reacted before he could touch the gauntlet. "If radiation is what almost killed him, then I might have a shot. "

Tony was quick to rise up against her. "Jessica, don't." 

"I am immune to radiation." She reminded him. 

"There's a lot of other components to it, it would kill you. Even if you're immune. Are you seriously gonna look at me in the eyes and tell me that you think you can handle the energy better than the Hulk?" She didn't reply. He was right, the Hulk was bigger in mass and would stand higher chances to survive the intensity of the snap. "That's what I thought."

He then looked at Banner, who took the gauntlet into his hands and prepared himself to wear it. "Good to go, yeah?"

"Let's do it."

Tony reminded him of what he had to do. "You remember everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it."

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate protocol 8." 

"Yes, boss." The A.I. system did as it was told, blocking all the entrances, windows and apertures of the compound. The heroes standing in the room braced themselves for the snap. They put on their helmets and Jessica created an energy shield to protect herself.