13

Everyone was already working on the plan. A time heist to get all the infinity stones back. After having recruited all of the remaining members back, they all got to get everything ready. Jessica contributed by helping Dr. Banner and Nebula prepare suits for everyone to allow them to travel in time. Together, they came up with the final suits pretty quick. In no time, they were trying it on Scott. 

"Time travel suit not looking bad." Said Rhodey as they made some final adjustments to the suit. 

"Hey, hey, hey! Easy!" Scott exclaimed when Jessica tried to insert the Pym particle into the suit.

"I'm being careful." She said, trying to place it again but Scott stopped her one more time.

"No, you're not!" He exclaimed again. "These are Pym particles. And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it, this is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey told him, he was yelling at Jessica when she hadn't done anything wrong.

"Sorry... We've got for one round trip each. That's it, no do-overs. Plus, two test rounds." He took the Pym particle out of Jessica's hand and put it in his belt. Suddenly, he disappeared for one second. "One test round." He said when he came back. Jessica rolled her eyes when she noticed he had messed up one of the test rounds. "Alright, I'm not ready for this."

Scott's look fell upon Jessica after he had said that. When she realized what he was implying, her eyes opened wide and she shook her head. She wasn't going to test anything. Not after what happened last time. "Don't even think about it."

"I'll do it." They all turned to Clint, who was standing against the door. They suited him up and prepared him for the test.

"Okay, Clint, you're going to feel a bit discombobulated from the-" Dr. Banner started explaining but was cut off by Rhodey.

"Wait, wait let me ask something." He said. "If we can do this, you know, travel in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos and you know..." He mimed strangling someone with his hands.

Jessica covered her mouth in horror. "Oh my god, that's horrible." 

"It's Thanos." Rhodey excused himself.

"Besides, time doesn't work that way. Change in the past doesn't change the future."

"What? We go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott simply put his logic of how time travel worked while Rhodey nodded his head in agreement.

"Bingo."

"That's not how it works." Jessica replied, she had been working with Bruce and had a rough idea of how it worked.

"Well, that's what I've heard." Clint added, making Bruce to quickly turn to face him.

"Heard from who? Who told you that?"

Rhodey started listing movies related to time travel. "Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop, Time after Time, A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time,..."

"Peabody and Sherman." Jessica muttered to herself. There were lots of movies that involved time travel, now that she thought about it.

Rhodey continued. "...Hottube Time Machine, Bill and Ted's excellent adventure. Basically any movie that deals with time travel!"

"The X-Men." Jessica was still talking to herself but everyone heard her and looked at her confused.

"Never heard of that one." Rhodey said.

Bruce went back to the subject in matter. "Either way, that's not true. Think about it, if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes your past. Which can't now be changed by your new future."