Chapter 9

Shadow POV

   Sonic took an appointment for tomorrow... I still don't want it... I'm not afraid of doctors... I'm maybe paranoid about it... But living like an experiment on the ARK didn't really helped me...

   When everyone went home, Sonic and I were cuddling on the couch, watching a movie. I'm still thinking about the meeting with the doctor... I can't tell Sonic that it scare me... I'm not supposed to be scared...

''Shad, you're alright?'' Sonic looks at me a bit worried, I look up to him. ''Yes, I'm fine...'' He looks at me seriously. ''Now Shadow. Tell me what's wrong. I can see that something's bothering you.'' I sigh and look down... I hate that he can read me like a book... ''I'm just thinking about the appointment... I'm just... I'm scared... There... You know it...'' He looks confused. ''Why this face? It's not a bad thing to be scared of something, it's normal.'' I shake my head no. ''Not for me...'' He frowns. ''Don't say that. Everyone is scared of something.'' I look down sadly. ''It's not the same for me... On the ARK... I was always tested and gived injection to see how my body will react... It hurted so much... I wanted them to stop... But they said that I was an experiment and that pain was nothing to me...'' I sniff, trying to not cry, but I feel Sonic hugging me close to him. ''I'm really sorry Shadow... I want to take all that pain from you... But I promise that nobody will hurt you like that, okay? I will be with you the whole time. The doctor will not touch you to hurt you.'' I nod and hug him tightly as he strokes my back to makes me feel better...

I yawn after some time, still in Sonic's arms. ''You're tired, Shad?'' He asks me with a smile. I nod gently as he takes me to the bed. I fall asleep in his arms.

   I wake up slowly in the morning with Sonic's voice.

''Morning love, you need to take some breakfast before the appointment.'' I stretch myself and nod at him. He smiles and goes to the kitchen as I get up and follow him.

''How are you feeling now?'' Sonic asked me while eating. I look at him. ''I guess I'm fine...'' Sonic took my hand and squeeze it gently. ''Everything will be fine, okay? I'm here with you.'' I blush and nod with a smile. ''Alright'' He smiles happily. ''Let's go then.'' I nod again and follow him outside.

   At the hospital, I looked around curiously, following Sonic close behind of course.

''Hello sir, what can I do for you?'' A woman asked. ''We are here for an appointment.'' Sonic said to her. I just looked around. ''What name sir?'' ''Shadow.'' My ear twitched at my name but I just still look around, I can see other people there...

''Oh right, you two can wait here, the doctor will come soon.'' ''Thank you.'' Sonic smiled at me and we go sit to wait until the doctor comes.

''Shadow?'' The doctor called me. ''Yes. Come on Shad.'' Sonic said with a smile and stands up, I follow him closely.

   We sat on a chair as the doctor spoke. ''So, you're here for a scan, correct?'' I just say a quick yes and he smiled at me. ''Don't worry, I'll not cut you in half. It will be just a scan to see how your baby is growing.'' ''Okay...'' The doctor smiles at me. ''I need to know how far you are first.'' ''I'm 3 months pregnant.'' ''Good, we will be able to see it perfectly, go lie down on this bed please.'' I get up and go to the bed, not without Sonic close to me of course.

I see the doctor prepare the machine and it makes me feel nervous... I start to tremble but I feel Sonic's hand hold mine. ''It's okay, I'm here, It's just a scan...'' I say okay and try to relax... The doctor takes a gel in his hands. ''I'll put this on your belly, we will be able to see your baby with that. But it will be cold.'' He then puts the gel on my belly. It's freaking cold! And a bit nasty. He then puts the machine on my belly. ''Let's see where it is... There it is.''

   I don't believe it...I'm seeing my baby right now... It's so little with its little arms and legs, it has very little ears and we can see the start of its quills... It's just beautiful... ''It's perfect...'' I say with tears in my eyes, I don't even try to control my emotions... I'm just really happy now... I see Sonic smiles gently at me. ''Of course it's perfect, it's ours...'' He kissed my cheek and I giggled happily.

   I can't be more happier now.

   ---

Votes and Comments please :)