Chapter Thirty-Seven

When Draco wakes up this time, his cheek is laying on a very sturdy, very comfortable pillow. It's very warm and beats rhythmically, trying to lull him back to sleep.

He blinks slowly, yawning and peeking through narrowed eyes at the clear, blue sky. Is it midday?

Draco's eyebrows furrow in confusion and he tenses. And when he tenses, his pillow does so as well, and he realizes he's laying on a chest. He's laying on an entire body.

He cranes his neck to find who interrupted his beauty sleep when he sees Harry Potter looking at him with wide eyes.

"What the fuck," he says, his body frozen in shock.

"Um," is the only thing Harry says.

"What are you doing," Draco seethes, pushing on his arms to try and put some distance between them. "Why are you still here?"

Harry's brows furrow in rage. "First of all, you're fucking naked."

Draco frowns, looks between their bodies and yelps, dropping his body weight back down because if he can't see it, it's not real. But that only causes his bare skin to touch Potter's bare skin and he grinds his teeth because he can't think and he doesn't know what to do and, oh, Salazar, he can feel everything.

"What is happening," he dry sobs into Harry's shoulder.

Harry, however, is still upset that Draco tries to keep placing the blame on him. "Second of all, you were laying on me, so even if I tried to leave, you would have woken up and thrown a sissy fit."

"That would have been better than this!" Draco yells, turns his face to Harry, his permanent nudity forgotten. "I feel violated! What is going on?"

"Do you think I know?" Harry yells back in his face just as loud. His hands are fists by his side because he doesn't know what to do with them and he feels extremely uncomfortable. "Do you think I'd be here if I did? You think I don't feel violated?"

"Alright, alright," Draco interrupts, dropping his head on Harry's chest because he feels exhausted all of a sudden. "I get it. Neither if us know what is happening."

Harry drops his head back down on the pillow and sighs loudly. They stay like that for just a second before Harry speaks. "Do you think it's a joke?"

Draco moves his eyes up because he can't bring himself to pick up his head, doesn't have the energy. He sees Harry lifts his head to look at him. "No, we would be surrounded by people laughing if it were."

"I just don't understand," Harry groans. "Can you at least move off me?"

"No," Draco whispers, exhausted. "Then you see me."

"I'll close my eyes, just please get off me."

"I cannot," Draco says. His voice is quiet and small. "I cannot move."

Then, as if the situation couldn't get any odder than it already was, Harry realizes he can hear Draco's heartbeat. Not feel it, hear it. Like a faraway beat somewhere in the back of his head. Like the way he can hear his, but outside of his body.

And he also realizes Draco's heartbeat is dangerously slow.

"Malfoy?" He cautiously places his palms on the Slytherin's bare sides.

When Draco tenses and abruptly sits up straight, the first thing that greets him is Draco's bits and pieces and he holds his hands up to block the view, "Woah!"

"Alpha," he hears Draco rasp out. He looks up at him and sees the blond glowing white, his eyes alike.

"What," Harry asks, confused and incredulous. "What are you on about, you git?"