Memories #2

I did remember.

It was September, the first signs of orange and yellow peeking in the trees when we first held hands.

We were out, walking downtown with our friends that day. The group consisted of you, me, Liv, Felix, Emory, Reika, and Noam. We wandered through shops and hopped along the sidewalk, playing the 'Don't step on the crack' game.

Felix kept pushing you into me and Liv kept slightly nudging me toward you.

At one point we reached for the other's hand to steady ourselves because Felix and Liv had pushed a bit too harshly.

And then there was a butterfly feeling...and then that butterfly feeling turned into a feeling of...safety.

With your left hand comfortably grasped around my right hand, I felt safe. At home, almost.

Then Noam started yelling, "PDA! AH, MY EYES!"

Anyone outside of our friend group would've stared at us weirdly, but we all laughed, wildly and freely.

It was a euphoric feeling.

You and I, holding hands and walking side by side, with our friends, who gave us side glances and smiled encouragingly. However much they called out "No PDA!" and other teases, they liked that we showed affection.

After all, when we first got together...the circumstances were less than ideal. By showing we were comfortable with the hand holding reassured them, and they were glad things were better.

The second time it was me who reached for your hand. It was a bit of a cliche scenario at that time. We were on a Ferris wheel, and my fear of heights seemed to get the best of me because the next thing I knew I was clutching your hand tight, holding on like no tomorrow.

You pulled me closer to you, and there was that feeling of safety again.

Numerous times, it'd happen.

We'd hold hands many times again, through good days and bad. Through tiring days of work and studying and during fun outings with friends or just by ourselves. And every single time, there was one thing that never changed.

The feeling of safety and home was always there, and I'd always feel more relaxed with you by my side as if holding your hand was like my personal stress reliever.

But you never knew that.

Hey to you too,

I remember.

My memory isn't that bad, you know?

It still feels like yesterday we were on that Ferris wheel and watching the sun sink down into the horizon...

And I agree, college is tiring. I take creative writing and it's torturous sometimes, even if I love writing.

~Me?

P.S. Is your favorite color still red?

Sent