Letter #3

10:40 am, Saturday, June 5, 2032

I sat in my usual seat at the cafe.

The scent of coffee flowed through the small building and the AC was on, keeping the air cool in the warm June weather.

Looking out the window, I see people.

A family, parents and two kids, walking along the sidewalk, making their way to the park.

A group of teenagers, clambering out from an ice-cream shop, giggling and having fun.

A lone boy on his skateboard, riding his way along the sidewalk with headphones on and without a care in the world.

A couple, strolling through, hands clasped together.

Saturdays were always the best days.

I direct my attention away from the window and open my laptop, before taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate in 80° weather?

I would probably be considered insane, but the hot chocolate was comforting and reminded me of the home I had left behind when I moved out to college. 

I wonder if you'd think I was insane for that?

Maybe you would.

I wouldn't be surprised. 

You always seemed to think I was crazy or insane to some extent, but you didn't mind.

And today, there was a new email, from you.

Hey,

Remember when we went to Six Flags and you convinced me to go on the swings? (Which was terrifying by the way) And that giant dolphin plushie I won for you?

~Me

P.S. My favorite color is still red, I'm surprised you remember. Is your favorite color still Prussian blue?