Memories #1

How could I forget that day?

We were at a party, held by one of my close friends, Rieka was her name.

It was over the summer, right before the start of 11th grade.

She invited our entire friend group to her house, and we watched a movie. The movie was Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, a classic that everyone loved.

I remember I was drenched that afternoon because earlier in the day we were outside playing in her pool, and although I didn't bring my swimsuit or anything, somebody pushed me in.

You pushed me into the pool, clothes and all, and I remember how Rieka had ushered me into her air-conditioned house and layered about ten towels onto me, telling me to stay warm before I got hypothermia.

I laughed, saying she was exaggerating.

Later, during the movie, I was sitting on the ground leaning against the wall.

You came by and sat next to me, without me noticing.

I was focused on the movie, and it wasn't until we were halfway through did you say something.

"I'm sorry for pushing you into the pool", you whispered into my ear.

I screeched when I heard you speak, not knowing you were there, and my loud reaction scared the heck out of everyone else

I was hyperventilating because I could've sworn you weren't there when I sat down. I kept saying, "I thought you were a wall. I thought you were a wall. I could swear you were the wall."

Everyone was laughing, including me, after I finished panicking.

When the party ended, you pulled me aside and asked, "Why did you think I was a wall?"

I made plenty of excuses, saying I wasn't paying attention, I couldn't feel what was next to me because I had ten towels covering me, and you felt like the wall anyways. Tall, 'hard', and supportive.

It became a long-lasting joke.

I'd call you Mr. Wall and you'd call me a small problem.

But the small problem name would come later.

Hey to you too.

Haven't heard from you in a while, how's life treating you? And of course I remember; that day was absolutely traumatizing. I really did think you were a wall, no joke.

~Me?

Sent✔