The Feast

AN: This is probably one of the shortest chapters I have ever published. But I just couldn't help myself from stopping where I did.

Severus was not a happy camper. He glared at Remus, who sat on the other side of Anna, holding her hand, laughing with her, whispering to her, making her blush.

It was disgusting.

Why did she have to marry one of the people he despised the most? He wasn't good for her, in Severus' opinion. She should have someone to take care of her, not the other way around. And then there was that wound on her ankle. When she said it wasn't Lupin's fault, he almost snorted but the glare she gave him silenced it.

Snake was pretty sure that she had only said that because she didn't blame him for his werewolf form's actions. And even if the werewolf a hadn't harmed her, he should have protected her!

Anther thing he hated was that he now had to battle for her attention even more than he did against Lockhart at feasts. Mealtimes had been one of his favorite times last year just because he got to talk to his friend and now even that was snatched away by that imbecilic, doltish, moronic mutt.

Meanwhile, Anna had other things on her mind.

Her eyes darted up and down the Gryffindor table. The sorting was almost finished...so where was Harry, Ron, and Hermione?

She groaned, "Not again!" Remus looked her in confusion, "What do you mean?" "Harry and Ron didn't show up at the feast last year. They missed the train, stole Ron's dad's flying car, and flew to Hogwarts. They ended up having a collision with the whomping willow." Remus winced, "Yikes. I'm sure they're fine. Look! There they are!" Anna smiled and relaxed as she saw the trio enter the room. It subsided when she saw a few kids pointing at Harry. Were they making fun of him because of the Dementor thing? It really wasn't that big of a deal. Not to her.

She was broken from her thoughts when a voice boomed through the chatter, effectively silencing the entire school. Albus smiled with his twinkling eyes and beard shimmering in the candlelight, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast. As you all be aware of after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some dementors of Azkaban, who are here on ministry of magic business..."

He continued to explain that dementor are very dangerous and not to provoke them or sneak around and that trickery (like invisibility cloaks....) because it doesn't work on them.

After his speech, every one was quiet. The headmaster put on a smile, "On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome, not one, not two, but three new teachers to our ranks. Two of which, most of you will be familiar with. First, Professor Evans and her husband, Professor Remus Lupin, have agreed to share the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." There was around of applause and the Lupins did a playful bow to their Students.

Harry was in the crowd the crowd cheering when Ron hissed in his ear, "Look at Snape." Harry's smile faded into a look of confusion. He potion master's expression was that of hate and loathing, but it wasn't aimed at Harry or Anna, but Remus. The boy who lived frowned. Why would he hate Remus, so much? Then again, he was Snape. He hated almost everything, it seemed.

Albus continued, "As for our second appointment, well, I'm sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job, along with his gamekeeping duties."

There was thunderous applause from the Gryffindor table and from most if the teachers. Anna smiled, "That's perfect for Hagrid." Remus nodded, "I wish we had him for our Care for Magical Creature's professor." Severus shrugged, "I thought Albus would've offered the position to you, Anna. What, with your experience." She laughed, "Maybe another year."

Dumbledore began the feast and the Lupins snickered at the expressions that came upon the first year's faces. Anna loaded her plate with food: Sausage, steak, potatoes, and green beans. When that was eaten she got two chocolate eclairs and a few strawberries. It was delicious. She, of course, had pumpkin juice with it.

After dinner, the students went to their dorms for bed and the teachers followed the suit.

-Remus and Anna's Dorm-

Anna was by the window, feeding the owls, as Remus lay in bed, waiting. She finished and and plopped into bed. She wore a silk red night gown. She rolled closer to her husband, her head on his bare chest and breathed in his relaxing scent of chocolate, pine tree, and a hint of tea. She sighed, "Sirius is still out there. They say he's after Harry." Remus took her hand and traced small circles on her palm using his thumb to calm her, "We'll protect him. He won't be leaving our sight. Besides, we're his Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers, now. We can actually teach him something useful to defend himself."

The redhead smiled up at him, reassured a little more, "You're right." He kissed her forehead, "You're beautiful." She snuggled closer, "Good night Moony." He pecked her one last time on the cheek and whispered into her ear, "Sweet dreams, Red."