Chapter 2

Ok I don't know how we got to this space. We have been married 17 years and I felt things was good. But Charles doesn't like to be with me like he use to. He use to hold me make love to me and want to be with me. Now it's like all we do is see each other when we go to bed and when we wake up. I got up at 5am to do my morning jog and was headed to the shower. I ran my water and jumped in. I got to admit it felt so good. The tension inside me was definitely frustrating. We haven't had sex for 2 years 6 months 4 days 12 hours 20 minutes and 13 seconds in counting. Charles was still in bed so I closed the door to shower. I was hotter than a stove right now. As I showered I had to get a release so I started rubbing on myself. I mean what else could I do. I needed a release. As I rubbed my breast I gently inserted my fingers in my world. As I went in and out I moaned and let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

As the pressure came up I got faster and came all over my fingers. After I was done I showered and got out. I dried off and did my makeup and hair. As I came into the room I sat on my side of the bed and lotion down. Charles grunted as if I was bothering him.

"Don't worry. I'm about to go downstairs."

"I didn't say anything."

"But you didn't have to."

"Tetra please. Don't start this today. It's too early in the morning."

"Why are we even arguing? All I did was sit down to lotion." Tetra said looking at him.

"I didn't say nothing was wrong with that. But you making a big deal about this."

"No I'm not."

"Ok Charles we are not about to do this."

"What you mean?"

"You know what forget it. Good morning. Do you want breakfast?"

"Yeah you can make me something."

"I'll be downstairs."

I walked downstairs to start breakfast. This is so over for me. I'm so done with the arguing and back and forth with Charles. He was never like this before. He was so caring loving and emotional with me. Now he so short distant and don't want to touch me.

I dressed up today to make myself look good. I feel I was pretty today. Charles didn't even noticed me. He was too busy arguing and being petty this morning. I took out the eggs bacon grits and toast. I prepared breakfast and it was almost done by the time Charles came down. He sat at the table and I put his plate on the table. He looked at me and put his head down to eat. I sat there and ate in silence. I hate our marriage came to this.

"So we not gonna talk at all?"

"What you want me to say Tetra?" Charles said as he ate.

"I mean we can have a civil conversation without cutting each other throats."

"You the one make it like that not me Tetra."

"But you do it too."

"Look it's too early for all of this. Let's just eat and get the day started."

"Fine by me."

We sat there in silence and ate. This is so exhausting. I got up and put my dishes in the dish washer.

"Well I'm headed to work. Will you be home for dinner?"

"Actually no I want."

"You are never home anymore. What's so important at that job that you got to be there 24/7?" She asked putting her hands on her hips.

"Work."

"See what I mean there you go being sarcastic once again."

"Well you asked."

"All you had to say was I'm working late or no I want be home."

"Well I'm not gonna be home."

"Fine." She said rolling her eyes.

I walked out the door and slammed the door. As I walked to my car and got in I sat there for a minute. Being a federal prosecutor is already a hard job but coming home to this make it so much harder for me to handle. My cell phone rung.

"Hello Mrs. Scenes? Are you on your way to the office?"

"Yeah I am. Wassup Harold?"

"We got a new case and wanted you to look at it before you head to Pretrial."

"Ok. I'm on my way and I will take a look at it when I arrive."

"Ok sure thing."

I drove down the road to my job and traffic was heavy as always. My mind drifted back to the date I had with Charles. He was so sweet. He bought me flowers opened my door and took me to the finest restaurant. We ate and went to a movie.

After the movie we went for a walk down the beach and talked. We stayed up all night. It was so fun. He didn't ask for sex or try anything. He was such a gentleman. I want that man back. I don't know what happened but I want him back. I finally pulled up to the office and parked in my spot. I walked in and the men walking by looked at me and smiled. Some of them hissed at me. I smiled it was sweet. It let me know I still looked good. That made me feel good about me.

I've been working on my weight

I've been working on my weight. I've lost a lot of pounds. I wanted to look good for Charles but he doesn't even pay me any attention. I guess this was the best next thing to being noticed. I walked in and got to my office. I noticed the file on my desk. I sat down and looked at the file. As I was reviewing the file my partner Harold walked in.

"Hey there."

"Hey Harold how are you today?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Nothing changed."

"Wow so Charles is still being an ass?"

"You can say that."

"Wow. I hope things get better."

"Well we shall see want we?"

What y'all think so far?

Comment and vote!!!