3. Picked for More

I may have outgrown my childhood, my sweet darling, but I don't regret doing it. Not once.

If I didn't practice as hard as I did, nothing would have happened to me that was good.

And you wouldn't be here.

When I was seventeen, I already had twelve years experience with ballet. Seventeen was the very beginning off my career.

The hours were very long and there was no money coming in, but I didn't care.

I went through so many slippers, practising every move imaginable for what led me to you. I didn't know it at the time and I wouldn't have guessed it.

But I take nothing back. I will do it all over again and again just to see you one more time.

You are what's perfection in this world, the beauty and grace of it all.

Seventeen.... what a time to be alive. When you have only one thing in your mind.

The Australian Ballet School.

Little did I know, it was my very first step on meeting you.

January 2016
"Oh my god!" I screamed as I held the letter in my hand. "Oh my god!" Then I let out a loud squeal.

Aunty Seline came racing to me, looking concerned at me. "What? What is it?" She fretted as I grinned wider than a cheshire cat jumping and leaping as my loose hair swayed with each movement.

Aunty Seline read the letter, I saw her eyes dart left to right, back to left again. Her head snapped up at me, eyes wide and a smile forming on her face. "You got in?"

I nodded, excited for the opportunity. "I got in." I squealed and took her hands.

"You got in!" She screamed with as much enthusiasm as me.

We jumped and squealed like little girls over my acceptance.

Uncle Seth came through the door with Ross and Linda following him.

"Seth!" Aunty Seline laughed at him. "She did it!"

Uncle Seth looked at me as wonder appeared on his face.

"I got in!" I laughed as he hugged me. "I have to be there by 9am Monday the 2nd of March."

"This is marvelous! Oh, little peanut! You're doing it! Mum and nan will be so proud of you!"

I pressed my lips together, trying not to cry. I miss them both terribly. "I know."

"Did you know, the very first time you mum set eyes on you, she said that you will dance your way to the top. She knew you will be a dancer. And now, The Australian Ballet School!"

I giggled, filled with such happiness. My dream was finally coming true. "I have to tell Clara! And of course Madame Jeanne." I said with a small French accent. Madame Jeanne became my instructor when I was fourteen and I've been with her ever since.

"A celebration is needed. A dinner! What would you like, Kim?" Aunty Seline asked me and I went wide eyed.

"Oh," Nan use to take me out to dinner everytime we had an occasion to celebrate. But I knew my aunt and uncle couldn't afford it. "I couldn't."