25. It's The Curse

Paranoia is a weird feeling. It feeds off your feelings. Fear, loneliness, your worries. It can also manifest into something do much worse as well.

It's okay to feel worried, it's okay to become curious  but don't let the weird thoughts take control. Don't let what other people say in their lies own you.

It's okay to ask questions, to know the truth. Never assume. Assumptions leads to rumours and lies and they are not nice.

Be inquisitive. It opens you to so many opportunities and fresh new doors open, seeing things from a different perspective.

Challange yourself. Nothing is impossible, it's just not possible, yet.

June 2020
So that left me feeling confused. Was this Max's way of drifting away from me?

Well, he can play that game? So can I. That's when I became angry with Max. Our conversations were shorter and shorter on the phone and now he isn't answering at all.

So with a frown and a pout, I opened my hotel door, trying to repress these feelings of neglect and disappointment, the hurt that was clawing in me to something different.

I paused in my steps and looked around. There were red roses everywhere, bouquets of them. The lights were still off but the candles that littered my apartment were giving enough light. There was soft music playing and with an arched eyebrow, I looked at my keys in my hand to my open door, just making sure that I was in the right room.

Yes, I was.

But I didn't do any of this.

Then my heart went faster as my negative thoughts disappeared and with much abated breath, I took a small step in, closing the door.

"Hello?" I called out nervously, my eyes scanning the room as I tried to think what to use for defence.

I got no reply. The suspense of a possible intruder had me scared, but a part of me really wished it was Max.

I couldn't see the sense of someone breaking in, decorating my hotel room that screamed out romance. If anything, a possibility that someone got the wrong room.

"I don't know if you know this, but this is room 14a, my room." I called out, too scared to check the bedroom and bathroom.

There was still no answer and I shuffled to the kitchen, trying to find something pointy and sharp.

My nerves were a complete wreck by now and anxiety chewed me up because the only thing I could chant, no matter how what hard I tried not to, was, I'm going to die tonight.

Mentally, I pulled my big girl metaphoric panties up and headed to the bedroom, slowly opening the door, not wanting to peck in but knowing damn well I had to.

With one hand opened flatly on the door, the other wielding a knife, I pushed open the door, my heart beating so fast, caught in my throat.

As my eyes adjusted to the room, I noticed it was also covered in candles. Lowering my hand with the knife, I was more stunned than anything. I was speechless.