12. The Sleepover Take 2

Like I said, love is a must in your life. But it is also so fragile that it can break, shatter if its touched wrong.

Even though I have said to accept people as they are, to be kind, but also be guarded. Heartbreak hurts. It can distort you and make one bitter.

It's important to feel all emotions, to accept them all. Not only is it vital to feel love and happiness, unfortunately it is the same for hurt and loss.

It's perfectly fine to feel this way. It's human. But it's how you come out on the other side. Don't let it change you. We all feel angry at times, broken and even underwhelmed.

Take some time to accept it, it's all that one can do.

Loss is a part of life, no matter who it was.
Loss can be from grief, loneliness, sadness, being broken. You are more than entitled to take some time for this, but don't let it swallow you, don't let it consume you completely.

Always pick yourself up and smile, even if it takes a day or two, a week or a month. Let the world know, you won't be beaten, you can't be beaten.

April 2018
"Yeah! I know!" I smiled in to the phone. It was 8pm here in London and Uncle Seth had rang me. It was like 6am there and Uncle Seth got up early to talk to me.

"I'm so proud of you, Kimmy, darling." He said softly to me. I smiled widely as I sat on Max's bed. Uncle Seth had called me while I was still with Max, excusing myself to find some privacy.

"I've worked so hard, Uncle Seth."

"I know, darling. You've earned it. So, tell me about this man that you're seeing." He poked, changing the topic. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"He is a real gentleman, Uncle Seth. He really is." I sighed out. "He is charming, opens doors for me, makes me laugh."

"Is he English?"

"No." I told him. "American."

"Huh." I heard him.

"Is that a bad thing?" I frowned.

"No, darling." I placed my phone on speaker and placed it on the bed while I braided my hair. "I just thought it weird that you, an Australian, in England and you meet an American." Uncle Seth chuckled. "Does he make you happy?"

I paused in my braiding. "Yeah," I sighed out, smiling. "He does. I really like him."

"As long as you're happy, Kimmy, I'm happy."

"Thank you, Uncle Seth." I told him. I felt even happier now. "That means a lot."

"Protection, too, young lady." Uncle Seth said bluntly and my eyes went wide and I felt myself blush. I pulled out my braid and scooped my hair up in to my hand.

"Alright, Uncle Seth. I've had this talk already with Nan and Aunty Seline, you don't need to add to it."

"Fair enough." Uncle Seth then laughed. "Alright, I'll let you go, darling. Love you."

"I love you too, tell Aunty Seline and the twins that, and that I miss you all immensely."

"We miss you too, and we are very proud of you."

I smiled as my finger went to the red button and hung up. I stayed on the bed, my legs crossed over, sitting up straight and thought for a brief minute.