6. The First Date

My darling, my love.
Always be proud of yourself. Never allow anyone to change you.

Find some one that accepts you exactly as you are.
Never doubt yourself over your flaws, accept them as you accept yourself.
Your flaws make you who you are.

Perfect.

It doesn't matter if you are a size four or a size twenty. It doesn't matter if you have large thighs or wide hips or your hair doesn't shine.
Because it doesn't matter what other people think.
It only matters what you think of yourself.

Love yourself and smile. Always smile. The best things in life happen when you smile.

January 2018
I had next to no childhood. But I chose that so I could dance. I never experienced slumber parties with girls my own age. I didn't get invited to birthday parties because I was a loner child and I didn't mind.

I didn't have birthday parties, but instead, I did fancy dinners with Nan.

I don't remember much of what my mum looked like, except the image in my head from her funeral. I don't even know what my father looks like anymore.

Dancing continued January the second, giving us four days till the weekend.

It was the weekend I was excited and nervous for. The four days were brutal and mentally challenging. I was pushed to the limits like never before and I persevered through it, ending each lesson vomiting. But I wasn't the only one. I wasn't the only new person either.

Dante paid me pity and said I will get used to it, bending myself mentally and physically.

Max and I exchanged numbers and I agreed for a dinner date on Friday night.

Friday was the only day of the week where we finish early. Early as in 4pm.

The weather was still cold and wet and white as I wrapped a scarf around my neck and a beanie on my head.

Being thin, we tend to feel the cold more than others, well, that's what I believe.

I heard the knock on the front door and I raced Giselle to the door and shoved her out of the way, my hand on the knob.

Opening the door, Max stood on the other side, tall and handsome in a thick winter coat.

"Hey." I smiled widely as he presented me with a bouquet of white roses. "They are beautiful. Come in. I'll go find a vase." I invited him in, letting Max follow me.

I asked Giselle for a vase and she got one for me, filling it with water.

"Are you ready?" I asked, smiling at Max.

Max looked as nervous as I felt. I thought it to be ironic, me being nervous for a date, but I can dance in front of thousands of people.

Max extended his hand as I took it and I closed the door behind me.

"I'm nervous." I told Max with a small laugh. "I don't know why, but I am."