4. A Short Wait

It's so mysterious on how fate works.
We all believe that somehow in our life, at one point or another, this was meant to happen.

I believe it as well. I never believed in chances, coincidences, fate. Not after my history with my family. But I started to believe when I heard about you.

You are the miracle in life.

I just want you to follow your heart, create your own footprints. Don't follow mine if it makes you unhappy. It doesn't matter to me if you want to dance as well, or sing, or be a lawyer or a veterinarian.

Because no matter what you choose, I will be so proud of you. I will still love you. I will always be with you.

When you believe things get hard, just remember, I will be with you, always, my darling.

Nothing will keep me away from you.

The School was just my first step towards you. Between that and my second step was a massive adventure of fun, tragedy and surprise...

September 2017
I bowed with my fellow dancers. A huge smile on my face as I looked straight at the last family I have left.

It was my first performance since being at the School after only being their a year, I was picked to do the lead role of The Nutcracker, portraying Clara.

Dimitri decided that I should do it and I've been practising since March this year.

Being only eighteen and only at the School for a year, a lot of other dancers got their noses out of joints. But I didn't care. I was proud of myself.

The room exploded in another round of applause as one by one, the dancers left the stage, leaving only me and Francis who played the Prince or well, the Nutcracker, on the stage.

We bowed one more time and elegantly half ran half danced off the stage.

We had a small after party in an hour and I went to my dressing room, the first thing on my mind was taking off my Pointe slippers.

Wriggling my toes about, I stayed seated on the chair a bit longer, slipping on some flats, hearing a knock on my dressing room door.

"Come in." I sung out as it opened and I grinned at the people entering it. "Uncle Seth! Aunty Seline!"

I hugged them tightly to me.

"You were fantastic out there!" Uncle Seth told me and Aunty Seline agreed.

"Majestic."

"Hey, ratbags." I greeted the twins.

"Hey Kimmy." They said in unison.

"Still creepy. When are we going to out grow that?" I teased at them.

Uncle Seth handed me a huge bouquet of red roses. "For you, the rising star." He grinned as I took them.

"Oh! Thank you! They are so beautiful!" I grinned as I buried my nose in it.

"I can't believe you got in to this dance!" Aunty Seline gushed at me and it made me blush.

"I wasn't expecting it. Especially only being here a year then being picked for Clara, out of all the roles, Clara!" I giggled. Linda was playing with the end of my tutu and I smiled down at her. They were on the brink of being nine.