Chapter 2

Third person pov

Touya had no idea what Takashi was planning, but he almost didn't care. His soulmate had returned to his happy self, giving hugs, and kisses, and singing while making pancakes. He forced the scarred man into colorful fuzzy lime green socks the contrasted against his hot pink ones. Touya had fucked up so bad that he wasn't even going to grumble about them. Just silently accept his fate and hope he didn't get judo flipped onto his back again.

"Are you sure I have to do this?" Touya mumbled hesitantly as the dye remover was rinsed from his hair. For as long as he'd been with Takashi, he'd been dyeing his hair black. Taka had only ever seen the scarred man with a full head of red hair on a few occasions. It was a few days after the whole kidnapping incident, and Takashi had come skipping through the door with a box of very powerful dye stripper that would leave him at his natural color. Or burn all his hair off. One of the two. 

"Absolutely!" Taka chirped happily, running his fingers through Touya's reddening hair. "You look better as a redhead anyway, don't you think?"

"Then I guess I'm a redhead now." If Touya was more attractive to Takashi with red hair, then so be it. Not to mention he was on thin fucking ice with his happy little soulmate. He wasn't about to test how much it would take for that to crack. Besides, saying no to the brunette was extremely hard. There had been a few instances during which they'd almost come home with a puppy. Touya was barely, just barely, strong enough to hold out against the green eyed man when it came to small, furry animals. Their landlord would never allow it.

"Wonderful! I was afraid you'd be mad, or say no, or run away and hide in the pantry like you do every time I tell you its time to change out your staples." Taka leaned down and pressed a quick kiss to Touya's lips. "And yes, I know you've said it pinches, but it's a necessary evil. You won't exactly let me take you to the hospital. Not that we can now anyway. There's still a nation-wide manhunt for you, you know."

"Ah, fuck." Touya sighed heavily. He'd been trying to stay away from the news, as though that would make it any less real. Takashi apparently wasn't afraid of reality the same was he was. Luckily, nobody seemed to have made the connection between Endeavor's 'dead' son and Dabi, his alter-ego. Dabi was portrayed as cold-hearted, evil, and nothing short of completely merciless. Takashi had burst into a fit of giggles at that, and Touya hadn't been able to stop himself from blushing and scowling as his soulmate did so.

"Fuck is right, Touya. This is a mess!" Takashi chimed cheerfully, as though talking about the weather. Touya groaned, sitting up when he felt Taka nudge him. He was immediately attacked by his husband with a towel. He sat still as the brunette dried his now-red locks. 

"I know, I know." Touya glanced at himself in the mirror. He still somewhat resented his red hair, as it reminded him of his father, but he was an adult now. A grown-ass man who had left behind his shitty childhood. Now he had Takashi, and Takashi was perfect. So perfect, in fact, that he was all Touya needed to be happy. So being a redhead was fine with him. He could deal with it, no matter how shitty his dad just so happened to be.

Takashi hummed happily as he dried his dear soulmate's hair. Being soulmates with Touya was nice! He was a little rough around the edges, but who wasn't these days? Besides, he was cute, and great in bed. Not that Takashi actually had anything to compare it to. All he knew was that it felt great, and that he loved Touya! Like, really, really loved. Like, get-married loved him. 

"I feel like you're preparing me for something." Touya said suddenly. Takashi didn't falter. "What are you planning?"

"Oh, nothing important! I'm just trying to make you look less threatening is all." Takashi assured. Touya nodded in understanding before pausing, his eyes narrowing. His head snapped in his soulmates direction. Takashi didn't even flinch, happily humming to himself. He innocently cocked his head when he saw Touya's suspicious gaze.