PART 14

#Undercover 14

“Saddiq” I say softly. “You’re always getting into some shit!” he yells as he drags me away from Paul’s truck. “Saddiq! Saddiq! You’re going to make me fall! Stop!” I yell. “Who the hell do you think you are, man!? Who are you? How can you just drag her off like that!?” Paul says running behind us. Saddiq stops. “Paul, I know him. It’s ok. Really” I say trying to be a damn mediator. “This ain’t what you want, tough guy” Saddiq says as he starts to walk again and drag me along. Like a damn puppy on a chain, I trot along behind Saddiq. I look back and Paul and he just stands there….looking pissed that he didn’t get any pussy after two months of “talking”.
Saddiq throws me into the front seat of his silver Cutlass and slams the door. It doesn’t close. My dress is hanging out. “The fuck!” he yells frustrated. I giggle a little and he gives me a look. “Aint….shit…funny…about…this!” he says as he stuffs the dress into the car around my feet. We drive for about 30 minutes and pull into a long, winding driveway that leads to a cabin style home. As we get closer to the front entrance of the home, Saddiq comes to a slow stop and puts the car in park. There’s complete silence. No music. Nothing. Just the sound of a running car and heat blowing from the vents. “Saddiq...” I begin to say but he cuts me short saying “Why do you keep putting yourself in these impossible situations? Huh?” I try to answer but he cuts me off again saying “And like a damn fool I keep coming to save you…rescue you!” I don’t know what to say. I just keep my mouth shut.

He hops out of the car and walks quickly around to help me out of the car. We walk up to the door of the cabin style home and Saddiq unlocks the door. We step in and he flips on the lights. My eyes are automatically drawn upward. The ceilings are high and stunningly styled with exposed beams. “Follow me” he says taking my hand. Gently this time. He escorts me into the living area and helps me down on the couch. This dress may be cute but it’s in my way. I haven’t had time to really take a look but he’s decked out in an all-black tux. It’s perfectly made for him as it hugs every muscle he has. He removes the jacket of the tux and throw it over the back of the sofa. He throws a few pieces of pine into the fireplace and starts a fire. Bit by bit, he adds a couple logs. He’s got it going now. “Come stand over here and warm up. I know you’re cold” he says. I make my way over to the fire and stand there taking in the heat. It feels so good.

I turn around and Saddiq is gone. I take this moment to wonder around and look at family pictures. As I look at the photos, I see a young boy with parents. It’s Saddiq! How cute. I make my way around the living area and into the kitchen. I open the fridge and it’s fully stocked. “Hey” Saddiq says sneaking up behind me. I jump. “Hey, didn’t mean to invade your space. I was just going to grab a class of water” I say grabbing a glass from the cabinet. “You’re fine. I’m sure you’re wondering where we are. This is my parent’s place. My mom is an attorney and my father’s an investment banker. This is a vacation home for us I guess you could say. They gave me the key to come here when I want. Because of work, they barely have time to travel here. I come here often to clear my mind. Listen, I’ve laid out some clothes for you. They may be a tad big but it’ll do for the night. Why don’t you go get changed. Get comfortable” Saddiq says once again taking my hand and walking me down the hall. He opens the door and my God….the bedroom is like something you’d see in a magazine. “Your clothes are here. Bathrooms over there. TV here if you want to turn it on. Call me if you need anything” he says closing the door behind him.