PART 20

#Undercover

Pt. 20

“Hey, where you going in such a rush?” Nelle says catching me before I can walk out. Before I can say anything about Trevin, someone yells across the room “Mo!” “Kehlani?” I say excitedly. “Look at you! You look so beautiful!!!” Kehlani says hugging me. I feel something brush against my feet so I look down. “I’m sorry. This is Max. He’s my service dog. He can tell when I’m about to have a seizure. He alerts me. I love this little guy” Kehlani says smiling down at Max. “That is amazing!” I say bending down to play with Max.

“May I have everyone’s attention please” I hear a voice say. I hop up and look. It’s Trevin’s bitch ass. “I’m so glad that you all could gather here today. It’s not often that I get to come home and spend time with family. I have to admit, I’ve missed being here but duty calls. While we’re all gathered here today, I wanted to make an announcement” Trevin says. He steps forward and gets on one knee in front of Nelle. Shit! He’s proposing! Now how am I supposed to tell Nelle what the hell happened? I can’t!

“This is awesome!” I say reaching in to give Nelle a hug. “Thank you. You don’t look very excited though. You feeling ok?” Nelle asks. “Girl, what do you mean? Am I excited? Hell yeah I am! You’re my best friend. Why wouldn’t I be?” I say lying right through my teeth. I want to tell Nelle what Trevin did but I just can’t bring myself to ruin her moment. She looks so happy.

“What’s up with you? I know you! Something’s up. Talk” Kehlani says pulling me to the side. “If I tell you this, don’t repeat it” I whisper. Kehlani nods. “Trevin has been coming on to me for months now. I haven’t said anything but today he fuckin’ kissed me! Then he comes out here and proposes to Nelle like nothing’s wrong” I whisper. “What?” Kehlani says out loud. I shush her. “Low down dog!!” she whispers back to me. “Look, I’m about to go home. I don’t want to be here any longer. I’m calling a cab” I tell Kehlani.
Within 10 minutes, the cab arrives and I’m on my way. I pay the cab driver and I head to my apartment door and unlock it. I kick my shoes off and head straight for the tub. I run some water in the Jacuzzi tub and head to the kitchen to throw some leftovers in the microwave.