PART 23

#Undercover 23

“You’re wearing that ring well!” I say playfully to Nelle. She gives me a smirk and says “I going to the restroom. That ok?” I shake my head yes. “Trevin” I say under my breath. I stomp into the living area. Saddiq’s on the couch but Trevin’s in the kitchen. I rush up to him and say “What’d you do to her? Huh? She was fine, literally in bliss, when I left her earlier. Now she seems irritable and distant! What the fuck did you do to her!?” “You don’t have to answer that. She’s the one that needs to answer a few things!” Nelle yells as she walks in. “Excuse me? What is there that I need to answer to?” I ask, placing my hands on my hips. Because Nelle is talking so damn loud, she’s gotten Saddiq’s attention. “What’s going on?” he asks. “Well as you may or may not know, Trevin and I got engaged today” Nelle says holding out her hand for Saddiq to see her ring. “Damn, Trev! Congrats! Congrats to you, Nelle. I’m happy for your guys” Saddiq responds. “Ha! Yeah, well, I probably would have welcomed your congrats with opens arms a few hours ago. Now, not so much. You see, I talked with Trevin’s little sister earlier and she told me that she saw Monica come on to Trevin at the party only minutes before he asked me to marry him. I wondered why you were all shook up and left the party so quickly. Now I know why. You’ve been trying to fuck my man!” she yells. Mouth wide open, I look over and Trevin and say “Oh, so now you brainwash her into thinking that I wanted you when it’s been you that’s been coming on to me for months now? Is this what you’re doing?” Trevin doesn’t say a word. “No need to speak, baby! I now see what type of friend she is” Nelle says taking Trevin’s hand. “Pause. Hold the fuck on! Trevin, what’s going on man?” Saddiq asks calmly. Trevin still doesn’t say a word. “Speak nigga!” Saddiq yells. “Just what’s been said” Trevin replies. Saddiq looks back at me but….

DingDong! The apartment doorbell rings.

“Don’t move” Saddiq says to me as he makes his way to the front door. I’m furious right now. I cannot believe that Trevin’s lying ass is trying to say that I came on to him. Such a piece of shit! “Tasha, what the hell are you doing here?” Trevin asks. Tasha’s his little sister. Nelle and I follow walk out into the living area where Saddiq, Tasha, and Trevin are. “You know, I thought about what you proposed to me. I changed my mind. No one deserves to be lied on…cheated on….or whatever the hell else you’ve got in store” Tasha says staring directly at Trevin. “What are you saying, Tasha?” Nelle asks. “What I told you earlier was a lie. Your friend, Monica, never came on to Trevin. He came on to her at the party today. In fact, this is not the first time he’s done it. He doesn’t even want you. He wants Monica. He’s the one that called the police on Saddiq and told them about the drugs. I mean, who else would know?” Tasha explains.