1: I See Red | Avery

Current Time: Monday, 15:20 EST
Current Location: International High School of San Francisco, USA - 37.7754*N, 122.4216*W

I shot daggers at Tanya as I struggled to break free from the ropes that bind my arms and feet. They kidnapped, tied, and sat me on the floor of the janitor's stock room with my back inclined on the wall. Mops, rakes, pails and other cleaning materials clustered around the narrow space and the horrid smell they gave off made me want to puke. I thought of screaming to get help but realized that even if I do, no one would surely hear me. The stock room is located in the farthest corner of the school and people barely get here.

"Untie me bitch or I'll kill you!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Tanya smirked. "Go on, slut. Threaten me as much as you can. I'm not scared of an adopted whore." She broke into fits of laughter, mocking me. A renowned mean girl; her curly, blonde locks made her look meaner. She turned to look at her two mean friends behind and told them what to do next. Hara, the girl with freckles in her face pulled a small, round box from a plastic bag and handed it to Tanya. Tanya looked down on me, her eyes glinting with mischief.

"W-what's that? What are you doing?" I asked, nervous.

"Leaving you with some cute friends." Tanya opened the box and set it down on the floor next to me. Tiny, brownish-red insects began to crawl towards my body which made me wriggle in fear.

The world's dirtiest creatures. Cockroaches.

"What the hell! Get these pests away from me! Shit! Shit!"

The three mean girls only laughed at my misery. "That's what you get for getting Rob Sandlers to fuck you, whore!" Aliya, the girl wearing round glasses pressed on.

"Pretty convenient, you wore only shorts," Hara ridiculed.

"Homeless! Adopted! Man-whore!"

"Stupid orphan!"

The three mean girls turned to leave me in the stock room after spitting offensive words. As I moved my legs to and fro on the floor, I fired, "You'll gonna regret this bitches! I swear! You'll die by my hands!"

I was answered with a loud thud which indicated that the mean girls have closed the room. They leave the lights on so I could see the roaches sticking to my body. I gagged when I felt their rough, itchy hairs on my skin as they climbed my legs.

I gotta find something. A SHARP OBJECT!

Taking quick breaths, I scanned my eyes around and found a trowel inside a small dipper. I kicked the dipper with my bare foot so the trowel spilled out; its sharp blade shining in the light. I moved across the floor to get to the trowel until it's within my grasp. I grabbed it with my hands and cut the ropes on my back, then my legs.

At last, I'm free!

I stood up hastily and dusted off my shorts and shirt, getting rid of the pests that almost got under the fabric. "The hell," I sighed in relief. Tanya must be clever to know my gnawing fear of cockroaches; or rather, a bitch for delving into my phobias.

I gotta find them.

I pored over myself and realized that I looked horrible. My ginger hair is in a mess, my striped, indigo shirt is soiled and craggy but I have to go. I put my boots on and walked out of the stock room.

Oppressors don't win. I'll make them pay for their nasty deeds.

Rage burned in my heart when I heard the mean girls call me a 'slut'. Anger surged through my veins when they spread rumours that Rob Sandlers, the only son of my adoptive parents fucked me at home. The hell.