14.1: Underground | Luke

Current time: Thursday, 18:45 EST
Current Location: Aspen, Colorado, USA - 39.1911*N, 106.8175*W

The sun meets the peak of the Elk Mountains as it gradually sets down in the east horizon, leaving the skies a trace of a fiery, red pigment like blood lining on the wall. The darkness slowly sets in and the moon began to glow; illuminating the serene town of Aspen.

There are tons of houses in Aspen but a house made of bricks and marble stood alone, right below the Maroon Bells. Only a few have known about it for the house is located far from the community proper, on an isolated road. Along with that, the few who knew were probably the type of people who won't mind.

Never did the citizens of Aspen realized that a celebrity resided in that house. His name is Luke Hendricks, the vocalist of a famous American hiphop band, Chillers which is a household name especially for those whose spirits are broken. The band is known for playing sad songs everytime, whatever the occasion is. For the band's vocalist-composer-guitarist, Luke, sad songs aren't played to make people cry but to let them feel the beauty of sorrow in love.

She'll be the girl to my next song, Luke thought as he stared at the lady infront of him. Avery tells him about her life in San Francisco as a highschooler and her relationship with people. She smiled occasionally and Luke felt like he's drawn to her. The look in her face when she smiled made his heart beat rapidly in ecstasy. She was a serious-type of girl, but has the right humor and he felt comfortable in her presence.

"How about you? Did you ever have friends who pushed you to do things you didn't like?" Avery asked after taking a sip from her cup.

"I had a few. But considering my rude behavior, I'm more like the one to make people do nasty things. I usually blackmail people with people."

Avery chuckled, then her expression became sad. "You remind me of someone."

"Your ex?"

"No. My twin."

Click!

**