7: The Cabin | Avery

Current Time: Wednesday, 11:45 EST
Current Location: Near the End of San Francisco, USA
Current Mission: Escaping

"What the hell!" I screamed in surprise as I locked eyes with a green-haired, Black American girl who wore shorts, boots and a grey top. The girl folded her arms across her chest and got her headphones on like she doesn't care at all.

I stopped the car to the side of the woods. "Who are you?" I asked. The girl didn't say anything and just sat there like a mannequin. "Are you dumb? I asked who you are!" I repeated, raising my voice.

This time, the girl smirked, simply sliding the headphones down her neck. "Oh, the hell. I think I should be the one to ask."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"You ditched the driver outside my car, letting that little sh*t in and you grabbed the steering wheel. You didn't even ask me if it's okay to use my pretty Range Rover Evoque. Clear?"

What the hell.

I fainted once more.

**

"Kya! Kya! Kya!" I exhaled roughly as I attacked my dad. I was training kick boxing with him but I preferred to call it suffer training.

"Ugh!" I groaned when I lost my balance and stumbled on the floor.

Ouch. My back hurts.

"Stand up! Rabbit!" my dad yelled. "No excuses!"

I was forced to stand though I really feel like taking a break. It's been hours since we started training. We didn't even eat lunch. Now, I'm starving but I need not complain; my dad is authoritarian. I'm afraid he would beat me again and let me sleep outside our house, beside the dogs with no blanket on.

I charged at him abruptly; catching him off guard. I placed my right foot under his left leg and pulled him down.

"Aw!" my dad grunted, rubbing his back in pain.

Yes! I won!

I smiled to myself. I already knew what would happen next.

"Okay, you did well kid. You can have your lunch now," dad said.

"Ha!" I gasped. I woke up from a dream, no; a nightmare. I thought it was real but then it's just a product of exhaustion. But it's kinda similar to what I had experienced in the past.

"You're awake," the little boy said to me. I looked at him; relief was written across his face, the opposite of what he wore lately: worry and fright. I scanned my eyes around and found myself lying face down in the backseat of the car.

"Where are we?" I asked. I suddenly remember passing out after having a conversation with that green-haired brat. Did she carry me here? How strong for a highschooler.

"We're in the woods. I woke up only to be astonished by a green-haired girl driving the car and seeing you lying asleep in the backseat. Who is she? A threat?" The little boy looked terrified as he explained to me what happened along the way.

I shook my head. "No. I think she's nice. Where is she?"

"She went inside that cabin," the boy pointed at the house made of woods.

A cabin in the middle of the woods. Seems interesting but frightening.

"Let's get in," I said and opened the door. Stepping outside the car, I inhaled the fresh, cold air and let myself relax. Large trees surrounded the area. Brown leaves scattered on the ground and dry twigs fell. The car was parked neatly on the side of the cabin, making it impossible for other people to see as its obsidian black metallic tint seemed to blend with the color of nature; not bright but shady. I never thought the green-haired girl could drive and oh, she's smart enough to find us a cabin to stay.