31.1 Burn | Corinne

Current Time: Monday, 05:00 EST
Current Location: --

The green paint on the walls was almost faded. Litter scattered all over the area and it smelled of dead rat. Sitting on the corner of the kitchen was a beautiful woman wearing a violet lace dress.

SNAP! POP! CRACKLE!

Corinne felt a tingling sensation in her legs. The air is sultry, like it's burning her skin. She turned her head around as sweat trickled down her nape. She smelled smoke so she flicked her eyes open. She screamed when she found herself being tied on a chair, where pieces of lighted wood were piled under her like a fireplace.

"You've got five minutes to tell me about ARMOR," Corinne looked up and saw Jacob's super strong girl. "Tell me everything you knew before I burn you to death!"

"Who are you? How can you give such false accusations to the first lady of USA? Stupid!" Corinne lashed, trying to get rid of the ropes that strapped her. "Get me the hell out of here or I'll sue you!"

Avery laughed. "Sue me for kidnapping a fraud? You're an ARMOR disciple and yet you deceived the President!"

Corinne screamed in disgust. "I don't know what you're talking about! I don't even know who you are!"

Avery slapped her face with the butt of the gun she was holding. "Talk or die? Choose!" Avery screamed, louder this time. She loaded the gun and it shook the woman infront of her. "ARMOR got brains, really. To the point that they used a slut to spy on the President of the country. Tell me, how did you seduce Mr. Harris?"

There's no use pretending now, this girl found out who I am.

Corinne looked up to meet her eyes. She gave her a blank stare then let out a loud laugh. "Well played, young lady. For having escaped from ARMOR alive and outwitting me, a high-ranked Colonel of the group. And also, my condolences. ARMOR just threw Jacob in the grave."

Avery pulled the trigger and shot the wall behind Corinne which startled the latter. "I won't forgive you for what you've done to him and to my country! Now, tell me, was it ARMOR who killed the brides of Mr. Harris?"

"Perfect. You really are aware of political news. ARMOR killed his brides so he must suffer, and you know, his tragic wedding's gonna blow off in the media," Corinne mocked. She tried to slip her hands from the ropes but to no avail.

"How evil of you!" Avery yelled.

"Well, ARMOR loved humiliating the one who runs the country," Corinne said with a smirk. "Then I came into the scene and seduced him. He took me inside a room and we got engaged. Piece of cake."

"Why? Tell me why did you marry him? What are you up on your sleeve?"

"So we'll be updated of the President's plans, idiot!"

Avery groaned. "You know that's not what I wanna hear! There's more to that! Spit it!" Avery lifted her chin with her bare hands and Corinne saw the anger and pain in it. She was reminded of herself, when she was young and everything in the world conspired to bring her down. The resentment she kept in her heart went on for years and she doesn't want this little wench, her captor to stop her from achieving her goals. She bumped her head with hers, as hard as she could.

"Shit!" Avery grimaced in pain. She punched Corinne in return but the latter just laughed. "Your determination to extract answers from ARMOR and plan for its destruction is so Jacob Collins'. You're really his super woman daughter. You both have that scary fire in your eyes and possessed A-skills in the battlefield."

"It's my duty to exterminate the enemy. My dad raised me to kill people like you!"

"Cool perspective. But don't be too confident, young lady. You'll also end up like him if you kept pushing too hard and won't stay in your lane. ARMOR will kill everyone who tries to get in their way. The law can't protect you forever. You'll die a horrifying death."

Offended by her words, Avery pulled Corinne by the hair where it touched the floor and burned in the blazing flames. "You gotta pay for your crimes, Lady Corinne. Burn!"

**

Hello guys! A few chapters left!

[ Vote. Comment. Share. ]