E P I L O G U E

Current Time: Friday, 17:45 GMT+3
Current Location: Moscow, Russia - 55.7558*N, 37.7173*E

“Here’s your change young miss,” the cab driver said as soon as Ennik asked him to stop over.

“No, keep it,” Ennik refused. She hurriedly hopped off the cab and rushed home. Her heart raced with her footsteps. She’s clearly in a mess.

YOU CAN’T SEE ARMOR, BUT IT CAN SEE YOU.

The letter she got from a mysterious man sent chills down her spine. She felt safe no more. It seemed like someone was always keeping an eye on her every move and she’s really scared.

What did I got myself into?

She entered the door and saw her mom in the living room, knitting a winter scarf as she watched TV.

Ennik was so agitated she could hardly speak so she didn’t kiss her mom in the cheek like she usually do, passing by her instead.

“Ennik!” Her mom called out. “Won’t you even kiss your mamushka?"

Ennik acted as if she hasn’t heard her. She strolled to her room upstairs and turned the lights on. Oh, Bozhe. She looked at her face in the mirror and saw a worried girl staring back at her. Fresh wave of tears rolled down her cheek and her green eyes looked submerged.

WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER, DON’T TELL ANYONE.

“Oh, Bozhe. How can I get myself out of this?” She asked herself in between sighs, running her fingers through her hair and occasionally biting her lips. She walked over to the bed, lied down and covered herself in blanket.

YOU’RE IN DANGER RIGHT NOW.

There was a knock on the door all of a sudden. “Ennik, Vale is here! He’s waiting for you downstairs!”

Oh, Bozhe. Vale followed me here. No.

“Tell him to just go home mamushka! I’m not in the mood to talk!”

Her mom continued to bang the door. “Sugar? What’s wrong? Vale told me you ran away from him?”

Not knowing what to do, Ennik buried her face in the pillow. She can’t tell them she received a threat from a stranger. Doing so might put them into a bad situation.

“Sugar? Why don’t you open the door and talk this out with mamushka? I’m getting worried.”

Feeling sorry for her mom, Ennik got no choice but to relent. Her hands shivered as she peeked at the ebony door. “Okay. I’ll come down in a minute.” She gasped.

WE ARE ARMOR, THE PROTECTOR OF MEN.

Ennik went down the living room and met Vale’s concerned face. “Ennik.” He stood up to reach her but before he could, he frozed on his tracks as soon as WTR News aired.

BREAKING NEWS:

“Moscow State High School’s librarian, Yada Polva was found dead in the library. Traces of red fluid were seen on the floor where her body was found. The police are currently - - - “

Ennik's jaw dropped. She remembered seeing Ms. Yada on her desk as she held her phone with her thumb on the screen.

Then it sinked in.

The librarian was about to take a call, trying to ask for help but Ennik was oblivious to the crime at hand that she ignored her.

Did the black guy do it? Why?

Even more confused, ARMOR’s 5th creed slipped on her mind.

WE, ARMOR WILL CREATE A BETTER WORLD. ANYONE WHO STANDS IN OUR WAY WILL LOSE THEIR HEAD.

Ennik bit her lip. Oh, Bozhe.

**

That's it guys. Thank you so much for the reads, votes and comments on this book. I'm so glad I found comfort at times when I'm alone with my thoughts. I love you ❤️