39 Box | Corinne

Current Time: Saturday, 05:00 EST
Current Location: Brookes Facility

What does it feel like to be free again?

Waking up in a soft bed adorned with silk curtains. Having a hearty breakfast. Reading the latest fashion magazines with a cup of tea. Having someone else serve her. Dressing up herself with signature clothes and sophisticated heels. Being conscious of how she looked in the eyes of people.

This isn't the life she wanted. It's like living inside a small box. It's suffocating.

She was a free woman before. She can laugh over silly things. She can behave stupidly. She can wear cool clothes.

She can be herself.

Until she joined ARMOR. She can no longer do what she used to do. She felt caged. Although she got the best clothes, she ate the best meals, she is famous beside the President; she felt empty and lonely.

Once, she thought, "How long can I suffer like this?"

It's hard to act apart from who you really are. It's difficult to betray yourself.

When can I be me again?

Nevertheless, she had a goal - that is to take revenge from the State who worked in rotten ways. The poor became poorer, the rich became richer. The system is corrupt. To achieve that goal, she must keep her pretense in place and devote herself to acting like a true First Lady of the United States.

But things changed that day, when Nolan began to disparage her. "You're lucky your role is to sit in the White House all day."

She felt asphyxiated. The First Lady doesn't receive a salary despite the responsibilities she usually handles. She's no lucky woman afterall.

If you only knew how I hated this game and the role you gave me as you see fit. I wanna be free, Nolan. So I'll spend the night in Arlington Hotel. To exhale. To feel alive again.

CREAK!

Corinne snapped out of her thoughts when the soldier who was assigned to guard her placed a glass of water on the floor of her cell. She quickly jumped from the bed and slugged it down.

Banter, the witty soldier wasn't here. It's not his shift. Corinne smirked. The perfect timing.

Just by looking at him, Banter wasn't the type of soldier one wanted to mess with. But this guy right here looked stupid.

I'll trick him.

"Handsome boy, I think you wear your cargo trousers the wrong way," she said with a cunning smile.

The soldier, who seemed confused, answered, "I trained in the military for 3 years. This is the right way to wear a fatigue."

Corinne shook her head. "No no. Your calves are messy."

"How can you say that?" he looked down on his calves, trying to find what she was talking about.

Corinne showed him a seductive smile. "Come close. Let me do it for you."

Bewildered and probably enticed, he walked over to the cell and Corinne's hands snaked outside the bars to touch his face. "Hermoso."

The soldier wet his lips in excitement. He was aroused. Corinne leered.

The seduction game ended with blood spattering on the floor. Corinne slapped the glass on the metal grills and stabbed his neck with a shard. He fell on the floor as he held his neck. As he struggled to breathe, Corinne grabbed him by the leg and seized the pistol in his pants, then shot him. The helpless soldier bathed in a pool of his own blood.

For the first time in a long time, I killed someone who worked for the Government.

Corinne dug out the keys from his pants and unlocked her cell.

I'm free! Atlast!

She ran for her life outside the box she was detained.

**