19.1: What a Fact | Luke

Current time: Friday, 16:45 EST
Current Location: Aspen, Colorado, USA - 39.1911*N, 106.8175*W

"Oh my God!" Colbie exclaimed seeing Luke carrying Avery who is drenched in blood. She had a cut in her forehead and the handkerchief tied on her arm is soaked red. "W-What happened?"

Luke placed Avery on the couch. "I don't know. We were getting home from the grocery when she asked me to stop the car and hopped off. Then, this happened."

"Let's take her to the hospital!"

"No, just get the first aid kit in my room. Now!" Luke ordered, ignoring her appeal. Although confused, Colbie went to his room. Dino approached Luke who was checking Avery's pulse. He was astonished to see Avery bathing in her own blood. "Why don't we take her to the hospital?"

"We can't. There are some things you don't know about her."

"Like what?"

Before Luke could answer, Colbie came back with the first aid kit. "I'll cure her arm while you clean her wounds and put bandage on her head," Luke said. He faced Dino and told him to help Colbie.

Dino nodded. "She'll be fine. As one scientist said, a person with strong DNA will live over the blood loss."

Luke held Avery's hand. He felt a twinge in his heart. Seeing Avery suffer like this hurt him. Hearing her say she's a daughter of an ARMOR disciple moved him to pity. Knowing she's being targeted by ARMOR makes him want to protect her. How can she live like this?

When they were done bandaging Avery's wounds, Luke took her to his room. Colbie exhaled roughly, looking at Avery who remained unconscious on the bed. "Oh, God. I can't take this. If she died, I'll be dead as well," Colbie said with dread in her voice. For the short time she spent with her friend, she felt like it's hard to see her die.

Luke ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry. I wasn't able to protect her. I'm so useless."

"Who could possibly do this to her?" Dino asked Luke.

"I don't know. I was surprised to see her bleeding all over when she got back in the car. The last thing she asked me is to run the car fast, then she passed out."

"Didn't she tell us she's a secret agent on her own? Maybe she saw someone with ARMOR tattoo and attacked him like crazy?" Dino suggested. Luke kinda agreed to Dino's assumption. He may be right, because as he had witnessed, Avery wasn't in her mind when she told him to stop the car in the middle of the park.

"Speaking of ARMOR, let's hear the news." Colbie turned the TV on in Luke's room.

BREAKING NEWS:

MISSING

Name: Avery Collins
Age: 18
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7
Distinguishing features: Red Hair, Baby Blue Eyes
Status: Suspected ARMOR disciple

She was adopted by the Sandlers in 2011. She attended the same school with the Sandlers' only son, Rob. The night ARMOR murdered the Sandlers in their own home, Avery disappeared without a trace. Spectators say they saw her running on the street, leaving the corpse of a man with ARMOR tattoo in his arms and Rob Sandlers was found dead. The next morning, ARMOR bombed San Francisco.

What does ARMOR want from the Sandlers?

Where is Avery Collins right now?

Could she be part of ARMOR?

If found please report immediately to --

Colbie and Dino's eyes grew wide in shock. Luke sighed deeply, lowering his head.

What a fact.

**