Chapter 9

I dunno why but for a month Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran has been stuck in my head. Oh well. And thank you sososo much for 1.2K! ^.^ So you think we can get 6 votes? But none of you guys wanted to be in the story and now I'm kinda :(

  ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

   My suitcase rolled behind me as we walked through the airport with hoods and sunglasses. Either someone would figure out why or we would look like kidnappers. At the least we would seem like douchebags wearing sunglasses indoors. I lowered my beanie covered head, because it was too damn hot in Sydney to wear a hoodie, and focussed my gaze on the beat up vans upon my feet. I counted how many tiles I stepped on, even making a mini mind game with myself like which ones to step on. I sure hope I'm not the only one who does that...

   Ig I thought the airport was hot, that was nothing compared to the heat outside. I'm so used to a neutral or cold temperature I feel like I may die just stepping outside. It's been two and a half weeks since the incident, they finished up the US part of the tour while I stayed at the hospital for medical reasons. Everyday I would swing by the daycare for little kids that had parents visiting loved ones and play around with them. I had to do something to occupy myself and little kids can be downright adorable when they aren't spoiled brats who take everything for granted. Although, I would sometimes go to the cancer wing and hang out with the teenagers there.

   My phone buzzed and I smiled, knowing exactly who it was. While I visited the cancer wing, I made a really good friend, I mean we just clicked. She said she would text me when I got off my flight, she wasn't kidding.I pulled it out of my back pocket as we got in the car, checking to confirm it was, in fact, Alexis.

From Lexi bear:

How's Australia?

To Lexi bear:

Hot af

From Lexi bear:

Haha shoulda stayed here

To Lexi bear:

I wish I did :(

   We texted back and forth until I arrived at the house my dad and I shared, telling her that I would talk to her after I settled back in. I took out my suitcases from the trunk as my dad did the same and turned to face the place I called home months ago. The soft yellow gave a warm and homey feel to the one story house. My garden of roses had been taken care of while we were gone, causing my smile to grow wider than it already was. I leaped onto the porch and waited impatiently for my dad to unlock the door. I hadn't been home in so long my memory of it was wavering.

   The lock clicked as my dad turned the key and I hopped excitedly from one foot to the other. As he pushed the door open, I pushed him aside and ran through the door, hearing his loud laugh. I closed my eyes while deeply inhaling the familiar and homey scent that filled the air. I dragged my suitcase across the hardwood floor to my room with the door painted lilac and black cursive writing printed of my name across the front. I tugged the door open and grinned at my baby blue walls covered by posters of old bands. There were bands like All Time Low, Blink 182, Green Day, Good Charlotte and a lot more. I left the suitcase by the door and belly flopped upon the soft comforter adorned on my bed.

   I smiled up at my ceiling. When we first moved in, my dad said I could paint anything on it. My little 5 year old self loved the outdoors during night time so it was a midnight blue with yellow and silver stars dotted around it. I would stare at it each night before bed and just pretend I was camping out with my dad, something we hadn't done in a while. I sighed in content. "Home sweet home." I whispered to the silent room.