Chapter 7

Hehehe my friends got mad at me for that last chapter. Ok, currently freaking out cuz this is at 597 reads and AHHH sorry but I was gonna wait til 600 to post but then went screw it cuz I love you guys. Since you smashed the voting thing last time I say we go up two. 5 votes please. If you do the same thing as last time you should know the chapter isn't done so please don't expect it immediately. Oh and school started so that's a problem. Onwards with the story.

   ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

   A dull and repetitive beep echoed around my mind. My eyelids were heavy, feeling as though they were glued shut. I couldn't move any parts of my body, but I could feel some. For example, my right hand felt very warm compared to the cold and numbness of the rest of my body. The beeps were soon accompaniedby voices, though what they were talking about I was not quite sure. They were muffled, yet I could make out one unmistakable voice. The voices quieted down until there was a silence. "It's all my fault."

   There was a pause before another voice responded. "No it's not, Ash. It was my fucking idea. A fucking stupid one." The voices were clearing up and I could just hear all the guilt in their tone. The feeling as if floating on water was fading, but my head was starting to pound. Pain was prickling just about everywhere on my body.

   "I should've never agreed. I'm the oldest, I should start acting it." My father's voice sounded pained yet determined. I wanted to hug him, but my body was still feeling numb. Just as suddenly as it had come, the feeling of weightlessness and drifting returned. I heard the voices get fuzzier, pain leaving my body as I lost consciousness once again.

   ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

♧Ashton's POV♧

   I couldn't believe it. My daughter, my whole world, was barely hanging on the thread of life. And it was all my fault. If I hadn't had been so goddamn stupid she would be fine, laughing on the bus with us. I buried my face in the palm of my hands as everyone left the room. I was sitting on the chair next Elizabeth's bed, watching her chest fall up and down every so often. The other's were heading to the cafeteria downstairs but I stayed as I had for the last two or three days.

   "All my fault." I muttered to myself. I heard the door creak open but didn't look up, keeping my hands over my face. A throat cleared and I peeked slightly, seeing a white coat. I lifted my head from the palm of my hands and made eye contact with the doctor. I perked up a bit at the clipboard held in his hand.

   "She should be waking up soon. You were lucky to get her here when you did. It could've-" I cut him off, not wanting to hear what might've happened to my only child.

   "Yeah, okay. What did happen though?" I really needed him to cut to the chase, I was anxious enough without him dragging it on.

   He adjusted the glasses sat upon the bridge of his nose before continuing. "She does have a minor concussion, bruising on her back along with scratches and some stitches where the glass cut deep. Her head should recover in two weeks time, as long as she doesn't do any strenuous activities. The stitches will need to be removed in around a week, so we would like you to bring her back here." I nodded whilst taking in the doctor's words. He left after checking on her one more time and I was left to my thoughts. Not for long.

   "Ash, can I talk to you? Out there?" I nodded, reluctantly standing from the chair and stretching my muscles. I placed a kiss on Elizabeth's temple before walking out of the room with Michael. I looked at him questioningly when the door shut. "Okay, hear me out. I know what you're gonna say but just think about it. Lizzy would be taken better care of there."

   I shook my head swiftly. "No way. Not happening. My daughter is not going to live with that." He sighed and ran his hand through his, thankfully, natural blonde hair.

   Pinching the bridge of his nose, he squeezed his eyes shut before opening them and looking at me. "I'm just saying. It's not fair to her if she stays here and keeps getting hurt."

   "This is the only time though!" I exclaim. I had to put up some kind of argument.

   He looked at me tiredly. "Yeah, physically. What about all that hate she gets? I mean, kids tormented her right in front of us! Yesterday." I sighed, looking up at the ceiling before looking back at my bandmate.

   "I don't think I can just do that to her. I mean, she's gone her-" I get cut off as Calum bursts the door open.

   "Guys, she twitched."