Chapter 13

I s2g if anyone mentions tfios I will personally slit your throat :-)

  ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

   "W-what do you mean by 'worse'?" I knew what she meant. I didn't want to believe it, but I knew.

   "They... they found a tumor in my brain. I-I don't have much longer." She trailed off into a whisper. Tears leaked out of my eyes as I took in what she said.

   "Fuck!" She lookes up at me with wide eyes, as I rarely cussed.

   "Liz?" Her tone was timid.

   "God damnit. I should be there for you, not on the other side of the world."

   "Liz, it's okay. Really."

   "I feel like I'm disappointing you because I can't be there with you." I said with a saddened voice instead of my previous anger.

   "Hey. Look at me." I glanced up from my lap, where I had been fumbling around with my hands. "You are in no way a disappointment. Just because you can't be here with me doesn't make you a terrible friend." She watched me with a stern expression.

   Tears continually ran down my face. "B-but I should be there for you a-and I'm not. What kind of driend am I if I can't be there for y-you in your time of n-need?"

   "You're an awesome friend. Just because you aren't with me doesn't change that okay?" She reassured.

   I sniffled. "Okay I guess."

   "Good," She smiled slightly. "becuase if you cry any longer I will too." I let out a strangled laugh at that.

   "I'm sorry." I whisper with a hoarse throat. She rolled her eyes.

   "Stop apologizing for things out of your control. Even if ypu were here it's not like it could change the war raging on between myself." I let out a sigh. She suddenly clapped her hands. "Let's stop talking about me, I need a distraction anyway. What's going on with you huh?" My cheeks heat as the events of today play in my mind.

   "Oh, nothing much. Just the usual." I try to act causal. Key word: try.

   "Horton hears a bitch ass liar." She smirks. I giggle at that, because it sounds completely fangirl.

   "Well umm... Gavinkindakissedmeinthestudioandyea." I rush out. She squeals, so I know she understood.

   "Girl, work it!"

   "That was so American that I can't." This gets her to laugh. We spend the rest of the night chatting about anything and everything, how the tour had finished and we had a few months to ourselves. We tried planning for me to go see her but I could see her eyes start to droop and her struggle to stay awake. "Sleep."

   "I'm fine, I'm fine." She reassured, only to be cut off with a yawn. I gave her 'the look' and she rolled her eyes before giving in.

   "Tip of the day: if you keep rolling those eyes they're gonna fall out." I smirked ar her. " Love ya, Lexibear."

   "Love ya Lizard." We said our goodbyes before logging off, and I fell asleep soon after.