Chapter 16

I auditioned for the musical *Peter Pan* *I was forced to bc Musical Theatre* and callbacks are posted tomorrow. I'm nervous af bc I really wanna get one :-( wish me luck

Update: I didn't get a callback :-( but she hasn't picked roles yet so maybe I have a minuscule chance left.

Update: I'm just a disposable extra that wasn't even a second choice. I'm done

   A knock sounded throughout the house. Uncle Luke went to get it as I continued to stare at the tv with a blank expression, mind everywhere yet no where at once. "Where the hell is she?" An urgent tone cut through the air.

   "We want to see her." I stiffened before sinking down into the couch, trying to curl into a ball at the sound of the female voice.

   "Sorry, she's busy." A cold voice responded.

   "Luke. She's my fucking daughter and I have the right to see her."

   "You also have the right to tell her the fucking truth." A door slammed. Footsteps made their way back here. "So, what are we watching?"

-

   "I wanna go to England." I say quietly. Uncle Luke looks up in shock because a, I've barely talked since the nearly getting hit accident and b, I just said a really random amd unexpected thing in my whisper of a sentence.

   "W-why?" He stutters, ttying to regain his composure.

   "I dunno." I shrugged almost carelessly. "I loved it there."

   "No, why do you want to go?"

   I take a breath into my lungs, exhaling before answering. "I'm just, done. I'm so done with everything amd I need a break before I hurt myself or someone else!" My voice grew as the emotions I had kept down since last night exploded.  There was anger,  anxiety, stress, sadness and despair to name a few.  Uncle Luke looked at me with pity and sympathy, making me feel worse and I don't know why but that always happens. "I-I need to go." I muttered. Standing shakily and walking to the door.

   "Lizzy, where are you even gonna go?"

   "I don't know. Preferably, anywhere but here." I said, bolting through the door.

   "You don't even know anyone there! Elizabeth!" I kept going. My legs burned with my lungs as I went down the sidewalk like I was running on hot coals barefooted. I slowed as I came uopon the place I was heading for. With a gulp of air, I pushed through the door that I once loved but now dreaded. I kept my head down as I passed by the living room, heading down the hallway when-

   "Eliza."

   I stopped in my tracks, turning around menacingly slow, before looking at the person who yelled out to me. "My name is Elizabeth. E-l-i-z-a-b-e-t-h. Not Eliza." I stomped down to my room, slamming the door. I grabbed my suitcase, emptying it and pulling clothes from my closet. My sadness had been replaced with anger and a blank face. I felt no more. I grabbed a few weeks worth of clothes before heading to my dresser and pulling out the box hidden by underwear.

   All the money I've ever gotten was saved here. I shoved it into my carry on that had my laptop and chargers and such before grabbing my things and marching out of my room. I went down the hallway with my blank expression, making it to the door before I was interrupted again.

   "Where do you think you're going young lady?" I stared at him. "Answer me." Silence. "Elizabeth." Guess what? Silence. "Damnit, Elizabeth. I am your father, answer the question." I blew up.

   "How should I even know if you're my father? You lied about one parent, why not the other. And I'm leaving."

   "Where?" He pressed.

   "Far away from you. I never want to see you or her again." I said with bitter lacing my letters. The silence that followed was my get away time. I pushed my way through the door, not looking back before walking away.

-

   "Flight 208 now boarding." The voice traveled with crackled throughtout the buzzing airport. I sighed, standing up from my bench before grabbing my things and walking towards the gate. I have over my one-way ticket and got onto the plane, taking a window seat. I unzipped my bag and removed my earbuds as everyone else boarded. I hope I get a decent person to share with.  I placed my earbuds in and hit play, grinning at the music playing. It was one of favorite bands, Fallout Boy.

   "Hello."I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to the person sitting next to me. My mouth went dry as I started to stutter. I knew that fringe anywhere.

   "H-hi."

   "I'm Dan." He grinned at me.

   "I know." I said without thinking. "Shit, I meant- I'm Elizabeth." I facepalmed, literally, at my own stupidity. He laughed and I let out a chuckle.

   "I know." I looked up in confusion. "Oh please. Who doesn't know you?" His accent spoke with an amused tone.

   "Oh." I said smartly. "Well, Dan, I think this is gonna be a good plane ride."

I know I'm a horrible person (cough thanks Peyton cough) so here's chapter 16. And bc I feel bad I'm gonna try to have 17 up in an hour :-)