Chapter 1-Day after the bus incident

Ch.1  The Next Day

"Luucccy!" said a familiar voice. I tried to ignore whoever that was. "Lucy" the person called again.  I was walking to the store to pick up a little bit of groceries.

"I'm sorry; the person you are trying to reach is not available at the moment. Please leave a message after the beep," I said.

  I turned around to see a cellphone in his hands. He quickly put it away. Before I could wonder what he was doing, my phone beeped. I flipped it open. It was from Kyle, the guy in front of me. It said "Beep. What's up? LOL." I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

Kyle is my best friend. If it wasn't for him I probably would have exploded by now. My head would land in Antarctica. People would find my head in 500 years preserved in ice. They would examine it and say "I knew they existed! This incident of the man and the bus proves it!"

Hey, I never claimed to be "normal". What is normal? Do you think Chinese definition of normal is the same as, oh let's say the British definition. No. I bet that they think that the whole 'Big-feet-are-not lady-like- so-they-have-to-painfully-shrink-their- feet' thing is crazy. I have size ten feet, so I don't agree with it one bit.

"Earth to Lucy. Hey! Where do you go when you zone off like that anyway?" Kyle asked. I tend to zone off like that a lot. Kyle is exactly six feet tall. He has messy brown hair. His eyes always look like they are laughing. They are blue. You can always tell when he is sad because his eyes turn into a sad blue.

"Space" I answered him.

"Of course. Jessica broke up with me today" he sighed. As he said that his eyes turned into a misty blue. He has what I call crying eyes. I can always tell when he is sad.

 I never did like that chick he was dating. I have my reasons. The first reason is she just dumped my best friend. The second reason is she stole my boyfriend from me. I had a serious boyfriend in grade nine. Most people would call it puppy love. I disagree, I still think that it was love, but she had to ruin it. I caught her kissing my boyfriend at a party. I never forgave either of them for that. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I loved him, and he treated me like trash. Kyle doesn't know about that. I want him to be happy. I should have told him to spare the heart break, but I decided that maybe she could have changed. I was wrong.

"Why'd she dump you KY?" I asked.

"She said she got 'bored'" He told me

What the hell does that mean anyway?  I thought to myself.

"She's stuck up, who cares about her anyway." I said.

"Yeah. Guess your right" he said.

"Always am" I smiled.

I didn't want to tell him about the bus incident. His girlfriend just broke up with him and I didn't want to steal his moment. I don't think he would have believed my unreasonable opinion anyway.

 "What's up?" Kyle asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You're not usually this spacey," He told me

That is why he is my best friend. He is usually very perceptive. I do feel guilty about making it all about me when he broke up with his girlfriend.

I still don't know if I should tell him about it or not. He wouldn't believe me no matter how I told him. Sigh. Oh well.

"This kid almost got ran over by the bus the other day," I told him.

"And.." he said, wanting to know the whole story.