-25- No turning back

Welcome, kind reader, to ze twenty-fifth chapter!
This chapter was originally planned to be much bigger, but I've cut it off earlier,
given that I'll be busy with school again.
Long story short, I just wanted you guys to have another chapter, hope this'll do :)
(Please notify me on any spelling/grammar mistakes, so I can correct them ASAP)

———

Author's POV

After deciding what they were gonna do with the rest of the day, Dan and Natsuki made their way over to Natsuki's house, in order to go and get the manga that she wanted to read today. Upon walking for about five to ten minutes, the two of them finally neared her house.

And so, they approached the front door; Natsuki already prepared with the keys in hand. But suddenly, like a déjà vu, the door swung open from the inside, and there he stood, the buff blonde Asahi.

"Well well well, if it isn't my two favorite youngsters!" This time, instead of just Natsuki, he pulled them both in for a bone-crushing hug. While trying his best to stay alive, Dan looked at Natsuki questioningly, only to see that she was quite flabbergasted as well. It looked like she didn't see this coming either.

"Ugh dad, can you... let us go already?" Asahi quickly replied by letting the two teens free from his grasp, already knowing that not much good could happen when he doesn't listen to his often-short-tempered daughter. "I may have gotten used to your prison of death, but Dan over there... not so much."

Both Asahi and Natsuki looked at the boy who seemed to be all out of breath. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Don't worry young Daniel, soon enough you will have gotten used to my fatherly love and care as well!" Asahi exclaimed as he patted Dan's shoulder.

"So... What brings you two here today? Another cozy dinner? Or did you... No... A sleepover? I know you're at that experimental age and whatnot, but this day must be the worst day to pick for such activities, given that I'll be around all night and so the security here will be hi-" The already flustered Natsuki quickly shut her dad up, before his fantasies would've gone a bit too far.

"No dad, we didn't come here for a cozy dinner, neither did we come here for such a s-sleepover. We just came here in order for me to get the manga I needed." Asahi nodded his head in understanding.

"Hey Suki, why didn't we actually go for a sleepover today, wouldn't that have been fun?" Both father and daughter sent the poor boy a deadly glare.

Asahi stepped closer to Dan and place a hand on his shoulder. Firmly. "Well then, Daniel, my boy, why don't we have a little talk while Natsuki's searching her stuff, hmm?" Dan, like any normal person, started to tremble a bit. "U-uhh, y-yes Asahi, s-sir!" Natsuki rolled her eyes at her dad, thinking that he shouldn't tease the boy this much.

———

Dan's POV

After Natsuki went upstairs to her room, I followed Asahi into the living room. I should have expected this sooner rather than later, and if I don't watch my words, I might not see the light of day ever again.

"You can just sit down on the couch Dan, I'll go grab us some drinks. What would you like to have?" I calmly sat down on the couch he pointed to. "Ah, j-just some water for me will do, th-thanks."

Not long after, Asahi came back with two glasses of water. He gave one to me and he then sat down in the chair opposite of where I was sitting. "Now young Daniel, no need to be afraid. I just wanted to have a quick chat with you, I wasn't going to get mad at ya or beat you to a pulp or whatever." Nevertheless, I still gulped nervously before to calming down a bit.