Kenny x ? - Late Nights

I was waiting for him to come home. The oven's fun green clock burned 3:24. I sighed and rolled wrist in attempts to calm my nerves.

Kenny was never usually this late coming home, not without warning. Sometimes he would send me a message that simply said he wouldn't be coming back tonight.

But my phone was silent. The cracked screen blank.

I scratched mindlessly and gently at the the underside of my jaw.

It was a nervous tick to rub and pick at something, usually my skin, sometimes my clothes.

I could see Kenny scolding me- telling me to stop picking at myself, before I got hurt.

My eyes drooped as I yawned to myself.

I was feeling nervous that something bad was going to happen. My nerves were fried and I was nervous.

Nervous, nervous, nervous.

I tapped my other hand aimlessly against the table.

Then, ping.

My eyes shoot over to barely lit screen, with a simply message: "Staying here."

I sighed and combed my hands angrily through my hair.

Why do I always let myself trust people who are going to let me down?

I know he doesn't mean to hurt me. I know he doesn't see that it's killing me how much he's gone.

I doesn't matter.

I don't have the right to feel upset about it.

I don't understand.

He told me, I don't understand.

I don't have a clue.

I scratch the bandage on my wrist.

To think I wasted so much time waiting for him to come home to me again...

What a waste.

What an idiot, I am.