Chapter 3

CONNER'S HOME – THAT EVENING

God, I never knew life could be so good, I'm Kira's boyfriend, I'm Kira's boyfriend'

Conner was deep in thought about how much he loves Kira, and how good the kiss felt earlier that day, when suddenly, the door shut, and Conner jumped off the sofa.

"Hey Mom, you're back early!"

"Hey Conner, work finished early, how was your day?"

"It was terrible at first, but it got better!"

"Why, what happened?"

"Kira, was in an accident earlier today!"

"Oh dear, is she ok?"

"Oh she's great, her parents weren't though"

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, but how did your day get better?"

"Well, Kira and I agreed that life is too short to for uncertainties, so we finally got together!"

"Oh?"

"Kira and I are an official couple, I'm thinking on giving up soccer to be able to help look after her!"

"But Conner, it's Soccer, how can you give up something you love?"

"I love Kira more, she's more important!"

"I have to meet her! I wanna meet the girl who's stolen my son's heart!"

"You will mom, just give it time!"

"Oh, I have good news for you!"

"What?"

"Eric's gonna be coming home!"

"Oh, cool, do you think he'll wanna meet Kira as well?"

"Well, you never know, do you?"

TOMMY'S HOUSE – THE FOLLOWING DAY

Kira had been given a guest bedroom, and was able to get up when she wanted to, as Tommy knew that Kira needed the rest, when she did finally get up, she got a quick wash, and got dressed, wanting to look nice for when Conner came to visit, she put on a yellow baby doll tee and a pair of hip-hugging bell bottoms, as she didn't want to show off her cast, as she got down stairs, she noticed that there was a red mustang outside.
'He's here? Already? He's too good for me!'

Walking into the kitchen, Kira noticed that Conner was at the stove, cooking breakfast for Kira.

"Hey handsome, what you doin'?"

"Hey you, you shouldn't be down here yet, I was gonna surprise you with breakfast in bed!"

"Who said you could cook?"

"Doctor O. said I could do something special for you, so I thought I might start with breakfast in bed, but as it's nearly lunch time, how about lunch by candle light?"

"Where's Dr. O.?"

"He's gone to the grocery store, probably wants some food you might like" replied Conner with a huge grin.

"Yeah, probably, listen Conner, you don't have to do all this for me!" Conner turns round to face Kira; he has two plates in his hands.

"Well, this romantic lunch for two is a waste then, oh, could you light that candle?" Conner grins when he knows he's got one over on Kira, who just smiles at the thoughtfulness of her boyfriend, so, she picks up a match and lights the candle, she then sits down at the table,

"How can I say no when you went to so much effort?"

"Especially with Dr. O's permission!"

"True!" they both sat and enjoyed the meal that Conner was so kind to cook for them both, when Kira noticed a set of instructions on the unit. "What's that?"

"I had help off my mom, she allowed me to bring food over, and wrote down a load of instructions!"

"Well, you're the one who put the effort into cooking it! Thank you!"

"Kira, I will do anything for you... there's something I have to tell you, it's a decision I've come to!"

"Oh?"

"I'm gonna take time off from soccer so I can help Dr O to take care of you!"

"Conner no, I'm not gonna have you doing that, you love soccer too much!"

"Kira Elizabeth Ford, I'm not asking your permission on this, I'm doing it because I love you more than I love soccer, I'm just sorry I never realised it until yesterday!"

"I don't think I've ever heard you say anything with such determination!" responded Kira

"Get used to it, it's your fault!"

"How do you work that one out Mr. McKnight?"

"You helped me to become a better person, and I love you for it!"

"Awwwwwwwwww, Conner, that's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me!"

"I'd hate to upset you with this, but Dr. O. said that you're to call Ms Kwan at the Welfare Office today!"

"Ok, I'll do that after lunch", they both look at each other, deep into each other's eyes.

REEFSIDE GROCERY STORE

Tommy is busy walking round the store, collecting some goods that he figures Kira might like to eat. 'I wonder who else moved here, she couldn't of moved here... could she? Jesus, what am I gonna do if she has?' Tommy is lost in thought when he suddenly comes face to face with Jason. "Jason?"

"Hey bro, Trini said she saw you yesterday!" the two stopped what they were doing and got talking to each other

"Yeah, she's the Welfare Officer for one of my students!"

"I know, but, still, down to better things, have you seen her lately?" wondered the original Red Ranger

"Jason, I've not seen her since Rocky and Aisha's wedding, even then I couldn't bring myself to speak to her!"

"Why? Tommy, you have to speak to her some day, and if I have to, I'll lock you both in a room together so you do talk to each other!"

"So, you're still in touch with her then?"

"Course I am, Tommy, I'm not gonna side with one against the other!"

"Jason, I'd never ask you too, how did she look last time you saw her?"

"She misses you!"

"What do you mean?"

"Listen Tommy, I know she'll be in town for a few days this week, she's got a job interview, she's gonna be staying with me and Trini, 191 Falcon Road!" when Tommy heard the name of the road, he let out a little giggle "What's funny?"

"Falcon Road? I was the white Falcon, listen, I've gotta go, gotta make sure Kira's boyfriend didn't destroy my place!"

"You still live in Valencia Drive?"

"Yeah, when's Kim gonna be in town?"

"End of the week, why don't you come for dinner at the weekend"

"Ok!"