17. Better late than never (Peter parker #6)

Word count- 1139

Status- unedited

POV- 3rd Person

**********************
You were in a salty and bad mood all day.

Not including the fact that nobody had asked you to be their valentine, but the one person you wanted to ask you to be their valentine, had asked someone else.  Harry had asked the head cheerleader to be his valentine and she had said yes. Harry Osborn was one of your best friends and you wouldn't mind admitting that you had a slight crush on him.  You had a bigger crush on your other best friend Peter Parker but you knew Peter would never like you. You knew Harry was out of your league yet you still thought you had a chance with him. Apparently not.

You were currently starting to walk home after a long day of school and a long decathlon practice. You suddenly heard footsteps running to catch up with you. At the corner of your eye you saw Harry's brown hair and you sighed not wanting to deal with him.

"What is it Harry?" You ask.

"I- need to talk to you about something." Harry says out of breath.

"Harry, I have homework." You sigh impatiently.

"Hear me out, this will only take a few minutes."

"I have to get home. Mom wants me to watch Ryan." You lie.

Ryan was your little brother that you absolutely loved.

"Let me walk you home." Harry suggests.

"Shouldn't you be with Zoe?" You slightly cringe saying the name of his valentine.

"I'm meeting up with her in a minute." He responds.

You sigh.

"You should be with her and not me. She's your valentine after all." You tell him.

"I-I." Harry stuttered.

"I really have to go, I-I'll see you around." You respond quickly before walking to the door.

Harry didn't chase after you.

Guess you would never know what Harry wanted to tell you.
************

You were walking home keeping your gaze on the ground your thoughts keeping you company.

You hated feeling like you were alone but that was just the truth. You would always be alone whether you wanted to admit it or not.

You saw all the couples being in love slightly wishing you could experience something like that.

You sigh as you reached Delmar's sandwich shop which was your go to hang out spot with Peter and your go to study spot.

"Hey Y/n! Happy Valentines day." Mr. Delmar greets.

"Thanks Mr. Delmar." You respond greeting the cat next to the cash register.

"So got any plans today? It's Valentine's Day after all."

"Nope. Still single." You laugh a little setting out your books on the table that you planned to study.

"What happened to that one boy you were always with? What was his name again?" Mr. delmar asks.

"Harry." You respond.

"Yeah! That's him. Anyway, didn't he ask you to be his valentine?"

"Nope. He asked someone else." You cringed.