Chapter 2: Poison Girl

The day was ending and it was darker than ever. The thing was that my brother, the only person I loved, was gone. I sighed looking through the window, staring at the white and grey snowflakes falling from the dark sky that evening.

''He's gone with the sin.'' I mumbled while I sighed stroking a matching necklace we had when we were younger.

''I don't think so.'' Ville heard me. Maybe he was right, but I could just think about the worst part as always I did. He sat next to me, rubbing his hands softly.

''Why?'' I asked confused, still gazing the nothingness.

''Well, he knows how to deal with this.'' He stroked my hair softly, so I nodded giving him a little smile.

I woke up with the same view, the same colours, the same things outside. Eicca left us three months ago but he was sending letters. He was okay and that was the only thing that I wanted.

About my friendship with Ville? I liked him. We were so close, we went out not too much, but enough to survive and have a little fun at the bar with the only friends we had there.

I got up in silence, leaving the second floor after having a shower. I saw Ville cooking something to eat for us. I hugged him from his back.

''Morning, Valo.'' I said giggling a little, rubbing my eyes a little. He chuckled handing me my part of breakfast.

''Morning, Ruska.'' I laughed between my teeth, taking the cup of coffee heavily.

''I don't really know why you call me Ruska.'' I raised my eyebrows.

''It's my nickname for you. I love to call you like that.''

''Go to hell, Valo!'' I kicked his left shoulder chuckling. ''Can we go out today, please?'' 

''Sure, but I don't think it's a good idea. Not today.'' He sighed. ''Anyway, we have bottles of vodka and whisky, Nastya.''

''They're coming, are they?'' I asked. I sat hugging my knees, resting my chin on them.

''I guess today is perfect to write something and drink. Or try tattoos while we're drunk.''

''I have a couple of them.'' I chuckled closing my eyes.

The day passed. I felt myself uncomfortable, something called numbness I guess. I sat on my bed pouring a couple of drinks of vodka.

''Ville, do you want to try some tattoos?'' I asked taking one of them in my hands as I shouted it out loud.

''Of course, Ruska.'' He chucked giving me an eye. I rolled my eyes lightly, throwing away the drawing to stare at Ville. 

''What are you writing?'' I mumbled looking at his notebook.

''Some lyrics, nothing important.'' He took another glass full of alcohol.

''I'd love to read that someday.'' I sighed looking at the ink. ''And you're getting drunk way too early.''

''You'll do.'' He chuckled yawning. ''And that's not true.''

''Anyway, I have something for you.'' I took a piece of paper with a heart but it had like a triangle on it, piercing the walls of the heart.

''What's this, Ruska?'' He mourmured.

''I called it Heartagram. It means the love, the death. When you're in love with someone, you love that person with your whole soul and heart, but you can get hurt of that, and that hurt is the triangle. It's a kind of death to the heart, but they're still together no matter what.'' I mumbled and shrugged.

''That's a deep shit.'' He mumbled. ''I want it tattoed right now.'' He exaggerated rubbing his cheeks as he laughed.

''Well, where do you want it?'' I asked.

''Here.'' He pointed down his stomach, almost on his hips. 

''Are you fucking kidding me.''

''I'm not.''

''Right.'' I sighed taking another sip of vodka. It almost burned my throat but I tried to calm the pain with a cigarrette. ''Sing to me like you used to do while I'm tattooing you.'' I just mumbled.

''Okay, here you have a new song.'' His eyelids closed slowly, so then I started to draw on his skin. He used to call that song Poison Girl.

He stared at me I could tell. Somehow, I felt the urge of being quiet after that moment. I didn't want to talk anymore. I wanted to leave and run away. But perhaps it was the alcohol.

''That's it.'' I mused lightly, taking everything I used.

''Woah.'' He just said. I chucked taking off my trousers, going right to the bed.

''Tomorrow I'm going out. Night, Valo.'' I whispered sleepy.

''Where, Ruska? You can't.''

''I can't, but I'm going to.'' I raised my eyebrows already asleep.

That would be a really long night.