Chapter 5 - How Is This Supposed To Work?

Chapter 5

Ross-

What. Just. Happened. Ashley and I - well, our lips touched - kissed. I felt these... These fireworks erupt in me.

"What're are you thinking about?" Ryland sits beside me.

"Nothin'," I shrug it off. I couldn't just tel him about the kiss.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "You sure?"

"Yea." I stand, walking inside, getting changed.

Once I do, I hear singing. And a guitar being played. I walk closer to the sound and realize it's Ashley.

"Baby I'd give it all up, up, I'd give it all up, if I can't be with you. All of this stuff sucks, yeah all this sucks, if I can't be with you. And, no Oscar, no Grammy, no Mansion in Miami. The sun don't shine the sky ain't blue, if I can't be with you." Ashley finishes the chorus, then stops writing something down in a notebook.

I didn't want her to see me watching, but I think the notebook had an 'A' in the front, with different music notes and things. I watch as her hand gracefully slides along the page, writing down whatever it was. Maybe a song?

"No, that can't be right," Ashley mumbles to herself. She stares at her notebook, guitar still in her lap, with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Need help?" I ask, walking u to her room, making Ashley's head shoot up in my direction.

"Uhm... Sure, if you want to," she says.

I sit beside her on her bed. There's a silence. But the kiss earlier...

"You know earlier...?" I ask hesitantly, turning to Ashley, as she nods. "Uhm, well - what did you feel?" I had to ask. I needed to know.

But I know one thing's for sure: I'm falling for my sister.

Ashley-

"I felt..." I didn't know how to confess it to Ross. "I felt these fireworks inside. And I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but I liked it."

I watch Ross closely as he looks at me for a minute, then closes the space between us. He pulls back, as we stare at each other for a minute or so.

No. No, I can't just fall in love with my brother. I pull back.

"I'm sorry, Ross," I stand from my bed, Ross following with a confused expression on his face. "We can't have a thing."

I was denying my feelings, but it was for the good of the others.

"Ash," Ross whispers. "You're denying your feelings. I can tell. Why won't we work?"

"Because," I turn around to face him once I put my guitar on it's stand. "We're siblings, Ross. It doesn't work this way."

"B-but I-I like you for more than that," he whispers. "And you even said yourself that you liked the kiss earlier, and I'm pretty sure it was same with the one in here on your bed."

"I know I did," I sigh. "But don't you understand? No one will ever accept us like that."

Ross doesn't say anything, he just wraps his arms around me, his chin resting atop my head.

"But they don't have to know right away," Ross whispers again, looking down at me.

I think about this for a second.

"Well..." I say warily, not sure if its the greatest idea. "But what about it? You and I both know that we want this, so how about it?"

"Okay, but we have to be careful."

I've gotten myself into some sneaky business...