Chapter 20 - Finally

Chapter 20

Ashley-

Today's finally the day. The day Ross and I are getting married. Carter is now three, Ariel is two and a half. Carter will be the ring barrer, and Ariel will walk down the aisle with me, and I'll help her throw the petals. Rydel's my maid of honor, and my bridesmaids will be Riker's, Rocky's, and Ryland's girlfriends; Ella, Madison, and Tatiana.

"Ashley!" Rydel excitedly squeals. "I can't wait to see you guys kiss! It's the best part."

I laugh. "Okay then. My makeup's done right?" She nods.  "You look perfect.  Gorgeous."

I study myself in the mirror while Rydel says this, and I smile slightly. Today, I did. Then we both hear a knock on the door.

"Yes?" I call. "Ash! Open up!" I immediately regconize this as Ross' voice. "No! It's bad luck, babe! I'll see you soon!"

"Aw, c'mon!" He exclaims,  disappointed making me laugh.

~~~

"You ready?" Dad asks me softly. "Ready as I'll ever be." I whisper in reply, taking Ariel's hand in mine as the music starts.

We walk in the doors, and I start to help Ariel throw the flower petals, making Rydel and Ellington smile at us, and we finally near the alter, and Dad takes Ariel from me, and Ross takes my hand, helping me up the stairs.

"You look gorgeous," Ross whispers in my ear, making me blush. "And don't be so nervous. It's okay." He takes my hands in his.

The priest says a few words - more like a long speech. Hah - then it's finally time to say our vows.

"Ross Shor Lynch, do you take Ashley Ross as your lawfully wedded wife?" The preist turns to Ross. I don't have a middle name, and yes, my last name is Ross. Hah.

"I do," he smiles softly at me. "Ashley Ross, do you take Ross Shor Lynch as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I smile at Ross. "You may kiss the bride!" Ross' arms find my waist, and mine find his neck, and he leans down, his lips meeting mine softly. We hear our family cheering as we kiss, and I feel Ross smile slightly into our kiss.

We pull away shortly after, smiling like love struck idiots, but none of us cared.

~~~

"Okay, this song is for you guys," Riker says into his mic as R5 all sits on stools, Rydel standing behind her keyboard behind the boys on the stage. "Picked by yours truly." He winks at me, and Ross blushes slightly, smiling as he wraps his arms around my waist, my hands clasped behind his neck. We start to sway back and forth slowly and immediately regconize the song as I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith.

"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away and dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in the moment forever

Cause every moment spent with you, is a moment I treasure

I don't wanna close my eyes

I don't wanna fall asleep, cause I'd miss you babe

And I don't wanna a miss a thing

Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream will never do

I'd still miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Lying close to you, feeling your beating

And I'm wondering what you're dreaming

Wonder if it's me you're seeing

Then I kiss your eyes and thank god we're together

I just wanna stay with you, in this moment forever

Forever, and ever, I

I don't wanna close my eyes

I don't wanna fall asleep cause I'd miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream will never do, I'd still miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

And I don't wanna miss one smile, I don't wanna miss one kiss

I just wanna be with you, right here with you, just like this

I just wanna hold you close, feel your heart so close to mine

And just stay in this moment for the rest of time

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Don't wanna close my eyes

Don't wanna fall asleep cause I'd miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Cause even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do

I'd still miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Don't wanna close my eyes, don't wanna fall asleep

Cause I'd miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Cause even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do

I'd still miss you babe

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Don't wanna close my eyes, don't wanna fall asleep yeah

I don't wanna miss a thing." They finish and I feel tears of joy fill my eyes as I meet Ross' eyes.

"Hey, hey," he whispers, wiping away a few stray tears that fell. "Don't cry."

"No it's happy tears," I say, managing a smile. "You picked the perfect song." He smiles, "It's all for you." He leans down and captures my lips in a gentle kiss.

---

A/N: Hi!

So this is my first author's note, but I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for just over 1K reads! Means a lot!

Love you all,

~Ashley xx