Florida 3/23-30/18

3/23. I didn't go to school. I slept in and went to the church to get ready for Florida.
Eden, Ashlyn, Ash, Ethan, and I stayed up late on the bus ranting and talking about politics.
3/24. I could not sleep last night. I annoyed Ash. She told me to think of ways to kill people. I did. Hehe. We went to a gas station, so I annoyed Elmo too.
In the morning, we went to Panera bread in Alabama for breakfast. I got a bagel. Ash was talking to a lady about our church.
We got to Florida. We set up our tent and then we went to the ocean. I went into the ocean!
3/26. We went into town today. Ashlyn and I hung out. We went to subway to eat, and we almost got hit by a car and died.
We went in gift shops. I was trying to find a giraffe. I have a giraffe from Kentucky. I wanted one from Florida. I found one at Goodwill. I also got some clothes at Goodwill. I also got a shirt at some water sports store. It's super cute.
3/27. Some of us girls went to cone heads for ice cream. They were playing ocean vibe music, and we were all dancing.
We had a talent show in Africa tonight. My group made a song and danced. We did worship in Africa too. I ended up crying and couldn't stop.
Micah and I went for a walk by the ocean and talked about life and things. He's a great Christian dude. Then, I almost got killed by a crab.
3/28. Date night was interesting. I went with Mitch. He asked me by catching me while I was in Africa. He had a sign that said, "I'd be lion if I didn't want to go on date night with you," while holding a lion in his other hand.
I felt really bad. It was really awkward for me, so I didn't talk to him at all.
Well, we were at this mess hall for the night for worship and testimony's. The song reckless love came on. I stood there and prayed for God to show his never ending reckless love that we couldn't earn and that we don't deserve and to bring us together as one. I walked away from the group. Caroline came and prayed over me, then another person, and another. By the end of the night, we were all together as one. We were all sobbing and hugging each other. Zach hugged me until I stopped crying. It was a powerful night.
On the way back to camp, we were playing I believe we will win, in the bus.
3/29. Last day in Florida. We went to a storm shelter for worship because we thought it was going to rain. We did a tradition that they did in the Bible to show respect, or to pass on something. The seniors washed the freshman's feet to pass the torch to us. The freshman had one on one time with the seniors and youth group counselors.
Dave hugged me and was telling me how someone was talking about how much I run around talking about Jesus all the time. They said they wanted that, and they accepted God Into their heart.
We went back to camp and stayed up late since it was the last night. It got cold. Seth and I were sharing a blanket. I went to bed because everyone was getting grumpy.
3/30. We were getting ready to leave for Florida this morning. It was poring down rain. I was upset because I didn't get put on the other bus with my friends.
We had to take a group picture by the port st joe sign. I got on the bus, sat next to Grace, and passed right out. I didn't wake up till we got to Alabama.
We went to Golden coral in Alabama. They have amazing Mac and cheese. We also went to this cute little Christian store. Steve bought me a new bible.
I stayed up pretty late. I sat in the front of the bus, on a lemonade cooler, right next to Jason as he drove. I was keeping him awake and typing stuff into his GPS for him. The sunset was so beautiful. We sat there and talked a lot. We also joked around how Isaiah is an evil genius and how I'm actually allergic to Seth. Jason is pretty cool.
Florida thoughts
So, this trip could be described as amazing, but it is so much more. I have discovered so much stuff that I didn't realize how much weight it had on my heart. Some don't realize that I do not come from a Christian home. We were in the place called Africa, one night. We were doing worship. Dave offered us to come down to an alter if we needed prayer. I was so overwhelmed. I got up and Caroline was by my side. I could not stop crying. She just loved on me. I then went on a walk with Micah. I just needed to talk. My heart was so heavy and I could not stop crying. I was talking to Micah about the things that were on my heart. The fact that I could loose my dad or anyone else in my family, anytime, any day, and I would not be able to see them. Ever again. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem enough. I can't get it through them. And my mom, She has fallen so far away from God. I just had all this weight that I didn't know I had. After talking about it, I kinda felt a lot better, but then it was Wednesday, the 28th which was date night. This night was so powerful. The song playing was called Reckless Love. I was just praying that we would all be together, as one, as a family. That God would just come down and show his overwhelming never ending reckless love that we don't deserve or couldn't earn. I walked away, stood on a chair. Caroline came up to me and started praying over me, so I leaned down to her. Then, there I felt another person, and another. I heard sobs. Taylor came out and boldly prayed. I heard people praying. When I stood up, we were all together as one. Everyone was telling each other that they loved one another, and we're giving hugs. Everywhere I turned, I was told how loved and how beautiful I was in Gods creation.
I don't feel helpless now. I have these amazing people I call my family to help me through the battle. And I am strong. God is using me. God is using you too. Even if you don't realize it.