Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Lunch rolled around and I was kind of happy about it. For starters, I was going to get some ice cream, which I loved. Second, I was going out with a really cute guy. Something I never did before. Lastly, this was going to piss Carson off and I hope he understood why I would be so upset about him talking to Maisie. Like dang bro, who gave him the authority to do something like that to me? Seriously, I would never do that to him. Well, until now of course. He started this though.

Instead of walking to the court yard where I would meet everyone else, I went out to the front of the school. In fact, I haven't told either one of them where I was going. Not even Violet and I legit told her everything about my love life. Although, this wasn't about my life of love per say. It was more about me going to spend time with another guy who wasn't Carson. Not a big deal right?

I looked around to see if I could find him anywhere, but to no avail. I didn't know where he was at and I didn't have his number thanks to Carson. I hope he didn't forget and had me standing out here like a fool. That would be so embarrassing. Especially if Maisie showed up and started questioning me. She would rub it in my face how I got stood up and how she's been flirting with Carson. Not gonna lie, she'll get me today, but only today. I don't even know why I was thinking about her and her stupid antics. I was supposed to be worried about my date which wasn't showing up for some reason.

After about 5 minutes of being agitated, a car pulled up in front of me. Not just any car either, it was a freaking Mustang. Two door car, but it was so nice. I never felt my jaw drop so far down to the ground. Dang, I couldn't even afford a ride on a bus let alone a ride in someone's Mustang. Why haven't I known this about Wyatt before? This wasn't what I was expecting like at all. Everyone is full of surprises though.

Wyatt got out of the car and smiled nervously at me. "Sorry, I know I'm running pretty late." He said with sincerity in his voice.

I scoffed. "Taking me for a spin in this car, apology accepted." I said meaning every word. It's not everyday that I get to ride in a Mustang. These cars were expensive for me. The fact that he had one even though we were only seniors says a lot. Plus, I loved these cars.

He laughed at me and walked over to the other side. He opened the door for me like a real gentlemen and I smiled to that. When I got in, it smelled like new car and I was loving it. The seats were nice and leather and I felt like a freaking queen sitting in this car. I'm surprised he kept it so clean. Boys usually didn't keep their cars clean if you know what I mean. I guess since it was expensive I would keep it clean too. Hell, I wouldn't even allow people to wear their shoes in here. Yes, I'm taking it that route.

He hopped in the other side and I put my seat belt on. I didn't know how he was going to drive this thing. He could be a safe driver, but at the same time he might be one of those speeding types. All I know is we were in an expensive car. I wanted an expensive car ride too. Heck, this would probably be my only experience riding in one of these. He needed to give me something worth while.

We got to the end of the parking lot and the windows got rolled down. I looked at Wyatt with a smirk on my face because I knew things were about to get exciting. He was really trying to impress with this outing, I liked it.

"You ready?" He asked me like he was about to be real dangerous.

I nodded my head and next thing I know, we're taking off down the street. My heart was racing and my hair was blowing in the wind. All I could do was smile as he zoomed down the road. He wasn't necessarily speeding, but it sure felt like it. How I wish I had one of these cars to show off. It was literally the best thing I ever got to sit in. There was definitely more to Wyatt than meets the eye. I guess he wasn't as shy as I thought he might have been.