Chapter 9

Chapter 9

School was finally over and I got to go home. Violet didn't come with me today because she was going somewhere special with Cole. At least things were working out for her. I was stuck watching Carson flirt with Maisie of all people, but I was able to pay him back by going out with Wyatt for lunch. Violet told me he was looking for me, but I didn't care. He should have thought about that before he decided he was going to start hitting on Maisie. That still pissed me off.

Now, I was home and I didn't want to do anything, but relax and get this homework finished. Ever since I seen Carson, I been blowing it off. Seeing as he had better things to do, this was my time to focus on it. I've got to stop being so petty, but I had serious feelings for him and they always got pushed aside for some random hussy. Homework wasn't going to take my mind off of things, but I was hoping it would.

I sat at my desk in my room and started to do it, but then my phone started buzzing. I checked to see who it was and it was a text from Carson. He asked me to open the door and I rolled my eyes. The last thing I wanted to do was open the door for him. I didn't even want to look at his face right now. I couldn't let him see me upset though. I guess I had to open the stupid door then.

Getting up from my desk, I opened my room door and Carson came bulging in. I thought he was at the front door, not my room door. Why didn't he just come in then? Fucking weirdo.

"What the hell, Savannah?" He came storming in my room and calling me by my full name. Yep, he was mad at me. Just what I wanted.

I closed my door and locked it so no one else would come in while we were arguing here. "What the hell what?" I questioned him even though I knew what he was mad about.

He turned towards me with fire in his eyes. It was pretty hot though. "Really? Going out with Wyatt, of all people." He complained. Man, I really pissed him off.

I shrugged. "Relax, you act like I'm actually dating him." I said enjoying every minute of this. That's what he gets for going behind my back.

Me saying that just pissed him off even more. I don't get what the big deal was. If he could go off and talk to Maisie, then I can talk to Wyatt. If this was the route we were taking then I was going to take it all the way. He had no right to be pissed off at me when he's the one that started it. I was only playing the game he wanted to play with me. Not that it even mattered, because we weren't dating. We were just friends and this was getting to be strange. What the hell were we doing?

"Yeah, you say that now. Next thing I know you'll be smooching with him in his stupid Mustang." He said sounding pretty jealous.

I crossed my arms and raised a brow. "So you've seen the Mustang?" I asked trying to change the conversation.

"Dammit, Savannah, I'm serious!" He yelled at me getting tired of my antics. That only made me mad as well.

I scoffed. "Well, Carson, had you not been flirting it up with Maisie, then I wouldn't have gone in the first place." I shot back at him because he was annoying me.

He looked at me confused like he didn't know what I was talking about. Realization hit him and he looked really stupid. I wonder what his response would be now. He obviously didn't know that I seen him talking to her. I would have found out anyway because Maisie would try to rub it in my face. This was all happening since he decided to betray me. He knows Maisie and I don't like each other, yet he still thought it was okay. Big mistake Carson.

He sighed. "So you seen that?" He questioned me and I looked at him like duh. How can I miss it?

"Yeah, you literally went and talked to a bitch behind my back." I spoke angrily.

"She's not that bad." Now he was defending her? Oh no.

My mouth dropped and I opened my door. "Get out my room." I said sternly and he looked shocked.

I was serious though. He wasn't going to sit here and defend her after everything she's done to me. I don't care how nice she seemed when she was talking to him. She is literally the devil. She is the worst human being on the planet. Then again, I don't want to call her a human. Humans deserve better than her. She was a specimen that should have been locked in a cage for more testing. I hated her guts and I wanted her gone. There was no way he should be defending her right now. Especially not in front of me.

He closed the door and shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere with you mad at me." He blocked the door so I wouldn't open it anymore. "Besides, you went out with Wyatt!" He yelled at me again.

"Why does it matter? You act like we're dating, Carson. I'm pretty sure I can do whatever I want." I hit him with the not dating thing again. He was acting like he was my boyfriend when for a fact, we weren't a thing. Nowhere near a thing.

He got a little more angry, but then he calmed down. I guess he realized he was over exaggerating and I guess I was too. I couldn't be mad at him for talking to Maisie even though I couldn't stand her. He was a single guy and he could choose whoever he wanted to be with. Sure I would get jealous because I liked him. I loved him, but what was I supposed to do? I wasn't going to tell him how I felt because it wouldn't be fair. There was only one thing left to do and that was to deal with it.

Carson grabbed my hands and looked me in the eyes. It was strange because we were just arguing about something stupid, but I couldn't stay mad at him. Especially when he looked at me the way he did. Sure he might have been playing around with Maisie, but there was something she would never have with him and that was our history. Compared to that, she had absolutely nothing on me.

A light hearted smile crept on his face and he squeezed my hands tight. "Okay, babe, I'm sorry." He apologized and called me babe again.

My heart almost jumped out of my chest hearing him say that. "I'm sorry too." I said trying to forget the whole thing.

"Now, can I have a hug?" He asked me giving me that puppy dog face.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "I mean, I guess." I toyed with him.

He smirked at me and next thing I know, he scooped me up and spun me around bringing us down on my bed. I was on the side of him, but my leg was on top of him while his hand was on my waist. I ran my fingers through his curly hair while looking into those piercing orbs of his. God, I couldn't get enough of him. He was so cute and being here with him just made me feel like I wanted to stay here forever. I loved him so much that I could kiss him right now. I didn't have the guts to do it, but it would be nice.

I felt his other hand grab my waist and the butterflies erupted in my stomach. He kissed my forehead again and got up off the bed.

"Where you going? Don't you want to stay? We barely had any time together." I said getting up behind him. I didn't want him to leave just yet.

He turned back to me and pulled me into his chest. "I know, baby, but I have to go. The big game is tomorrow and you'll be there right?" He asked me. I can't believe he called me baby. That was much sweeter than babe.

"My present would be after right?" I asked seriously. I didn't want to go to the game, but I was there to support him.

He chuckled. "Yes, I promised."

I sighed and hugged him one last time before he left out. I hated that he had to go so soon, but I was happy we made up after our pettiness. If only I was able to tell him what I wanted. There would be no way Maisie would get her measly hands on him. If only I had the courage. Still, I couldn't wait for my surprise tomorrow. I hope it wasn't stupid.

>>|<<