Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My heart felt like it shattered. She won. I can't believe she actually won Carson. How did this happen? I should have told him about my feelings sooner. Instead, I hid them and she got her sweaty paws on him. There was no way they were just having friendly conversation that day I saw them. She was putting her plan into action and it's not like she didn't like him because she did, but she was only dating him because she knew how much I wanted to date him. What was I supposed to do now? Of course I had to be a good friend and be happy for him, but that was hard to do. Really hard.

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, but I held those suckers in. There will be no crying tonight. I wasn't going to have it and neither was my heart. I couldn't let this get to me, but I was pissed that he would give up our date to go out with someone like Maisie. Let alone ask her to be his girlfriend. That should have went to me!

"Look, Savannah, you can't be mad. This is my first serious girlfriend and I think I really like her." That only broke my spirit more.

I scoffed. "Sure if you're into serpents." I said angrily.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not and she's isn't that." He defended her. I can't believe he was defending her. Just last week he was pretending he didn't know who she was. Now he wanted to be her boyfriend. How sick.

"Oh, you're right. She's just a bitch. How could I forget? Jokes on me." I sarcastically laughed.

I don't see what he saw in her. She was evil and she didn't deserve someone like Carson. I deserved Carson! He was supposed to be my boyfriend and we were going to have children and be happy! She was ruining my dream, my goals. She knew exactly what she was doing and I was upset. He was supposed to be smart enough not to fall for her dirty tricks. Ugh, she literally made a mockery of me and I was going to have to deal with that tomorrow. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

He stepped up to me with regret in his eyes. "I'm sorry for getting mad about you being with, Wyatt, even though it pains me to say it. Still, I need you to support me. Support us. This is great for me." He tried pleading with me.

I looked at him in the eyes and he was being serious. He wanted me to support them and I wasn't. I was only going to support him because Maisie was trash. Carson deserved my support I guess and it was his first serious girlfriend so I had to see him through it no matter how much it bothered me. It wasn't going to be easy, but I had to make it work. I also had to piss him off too just so he saw how I felt.

I nodded my head. "Alright, fine." I said not too happily.

His eyes lit up, but things were far from okay. "Seriously? You mean it?" He asked me with gleam in his eyes.

I clenched my teeth. "Yep, of course."

He pulled me into a hug so tight. This time I didn't want to hug him back, but I did anyway. "Thanks, Savannah, you really are my best friend and I love you."

When he said that my chest caved in. The fact that he was never going to love me the way that I loved him finally settled in. All I was and all I have been was his best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. There was never a chance for us to begin with. All this time there was me thinking I had the advantage, but it was her all a long. My heart broke more than it did when they left. This was me back to being an empty shell of myself again.

He let me go still having that smile on his face. "Let's just go upstairs with Cole and Violet now. They're probably wondering what's taking so long."

"I'll be up in a second." I said urging him to go upstairs I wanted to be alone for a minute.

I couldn't get over the fact that Carson really agreed to date her. All this time I was thinking he liked me and he was just being his way of friendly to me. He thinks he really likes Maisie, but I know he doesn't. There is no way that he liked her as much as he was trying to convince me that it was true and to support them, but when I see them together all I want to do is puke and cry. Puke because I hate Maisie and cry because Carson shouldn't be with her. It was messed up.